Tools- I guess I'm the one that's crazy

-
Is it niece that you stored his stuff in your garage for a time at no charge,YES
Should he take advantage of this for the rest of his life,NO
Remember,this is YOUR garage and your wife,s to put YOUR stuff in.
Your stuff goes in first,if there is some room left over,great,if not,rent a storage unit,if you don,t have the money,stop smoking and drinking so much.
If I brought home my tool box from work,where its full of snap-on tools from the last 38 years,and has a value of 95grand,then I should leave it out side so the brother in-law could store a old 500$ motorcycle,I don,t think so Fred,mrmopartech

let me get this straight...he called wanting you to bring him his saw that you're letting him store at your place? Why the hell can't he pick it up himself?

My wife and i would have told them both right off the bat to get f--ked we don't allow loaning tools [had too many get broken,walk away] or storing anybodys crap we have enough of our own crap.

#1 I don't loan tools. I'll do the work for them before I loan them my moneymakers.

#2 Something about gift horses and mouths comes to mind. Can't recall....

Tell him to come get his $hit and not let the door knob hit him where the dog shoulda bit him. If he's got big crap like that, he should have the means to store it.

sell all his **** and take your wife to Vegas for a couple of days

Regardless of what you do,wifey and the inlaws will make it so your the bad guy.I,d tell the guy to go piss up a rope.:tongue3:

You guys would all be ok waiting two days to pick up YOUR tools stored at a friends house? Say its friday morning you call your friend and say I need to pick up the generator for a weekend project. Your friend says Yea ok oh, come by Saturday afternoon I will have it pulled out for you.

It is what it is but I bet most of you would be blowing a gasket.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the OP but I alway try and see a situation from both sides.

You guys would all be ok waiting two days to pick up YOUR tools stored at a friends house? Say its friday morning you call your friend and say I need to pick up the generator for a weekend project. Your friend says Yea ok oh, come by Saturday afternoon I will have it pulled out for you.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the OP but I alway try and see a situation from both sides.

Your outta your mind. First, I wouldn't leave my tools at someone elses place. I would rent my own storage unit before I did that. Second, IF I had tools stored at someone elses garage for free, hell no I wouldn't be whining if I couldn't get them immediately when I said I wanted them. I would work around my friends schedule to pick up my tools, especially if I knew they were in a different place. What, do ya want him to drive over to your place and fix whatever it is for ya too? Hemifish69 is doing this guy a favor, and you think he should jump whenever this guy has a whim to do something?

hemifish69, your doing this guy a favor. He should man up and either pay for his own place to have his own tools, or work around your schedule to come over to get them. As far as telling him to come get his stuff, I would want to call him and say hey its here if ya want to come get it, and as soon as he pulls in the driveway toss a match to it all and let him watch it all burn. BUT....I'm married too, and know all too well that if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy.

Yeah.. everyone said everything I was thinking about saying LMAO (this is what I get for being late to the party I guess hehe) ... but yeah, I think that dude has major balls, one for even asking you to get his stuff for him.. thats messed up, and then whinning to the SIL about it... what a fucktard.. I would tell him to come get his crap for sure.. your the one thats going out of your way to be helpful... He should be happy and grateful that someone would want to do that in the first place..

That would tick me off.
1. You are doing him a favor by storing the stuff no matter where it is.
2. From I see he is just your SIL's boyfriend, they are not married. He is not even part of the family so you owe him nothing. I would tell him to come get it all if he wanted to whine because he cant get to the stuff that you were nice enough to store for him.

Yup, tell him to come and get it. There will be no more inconvenience to him then. Some people have a lot of nerve.

It seems that common sense and common courtesy is a superpower anymore.

His weekend project should be a shed for his tools.

What goes on in my shop is my business, and mine alone. I dictate what happens in there. If I didn't it wouldn't be my shop, at which stage I would take my stuff somewhere else that I did have control over. Even my wife only goes in there to get the lawnmower out. I'd send the whiner a bill. Better yet, put it all in a storage unit, give him the paper work, and tell him the first dollar is on you. I loan my tools to very few people, most wouldn't know what to do with them. Those that do are better with them than I am it seems. I say loan your tools to whoever you want, for whatever reasons you want. They are your tools. Who cares what they think? If they were so smart they would have their own tools. I have a small box with a few of the first tools I ever owned. I don't even use them. They are there to remind me of where I was.

You guys would all be ok waiting two days to pick up YOUR tools stored at a friends house?................... from both sides.

Your outta your mind................... First, I wouldn't leave my tools at someone elses place. I would rent my own storage unit before I did that. Second, IF I had tools stored at someone elses garage for free, hell no I wouldn't be whining if I couldn't get them immediately .

X2. except He's not outta his mind, he's outta his FREEKIN mind...........

There is a simple principle that makes these decisions easy.
Do what's best for him.
His actions prove he is childish and in need of some learning.
Give him what he needs. Speak the truth. Do it in a polite but firm manner and explain to your wife that you are helping him. It's the truth.
Giving in to childish behavior is not helping.
He will be embarrassed and apologize or let you know he needs more schooling in which case you again give him what he needs.
Now you can choose from options presented by the members here!
(involve your wife - ask your her which option she likes)

I would have told him it would be back from being rented next week.

Then when he gets done yelling tell him to pick up all his stuff

I like this answer.
Then:
Tell him to get his **** the f$$k out of your garage. Then tell the little sil to f$$k off.

It's only $1 for the first month's rent at Public Storage. If he's running a business it's time to grow up and store his own ****.

-
Back