"TOP" label on New Dash Bezels?

-

PA Dodger

Reaction score
I started a thread in another section of the forum regarding the differences in new dash bezels from different vendors. My question for the Convertible section is how is the "TOP" label above the switch affixed to the old bezel on my '69 Dart vert? Is it just a sticker? Can it be removed without hosing it?

My "top" bezel I think had a nut on the back side of it, and it doesnt attach to the plastic bezel, there is a bezel and a switch on the lower left hand part of the metal frame. My wheels are 69 cuda vert. Im not at home to chk on stuff or I could give you a more concise answer.

My '67 Dart verts' "TOP" decal is actually a very thin piece of metal (tin or aluminum?) that is glued to the dash bezel in that little recessed area (REAR DEFROST decal goes there on hardtops.) Not sure how you would remove it w/o futtzin' it....glue dissolver that doesn't harm plastic?

If you figure out a way, lemme know as I have to remove mine as well, to get my bezel rechromed.

Attachments

• DartDashBezelTOPdecal1 (Small).JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 308
  • DartDashBezelTOPdecal2 (Small).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 295
I removed-- mine-- but I do not think it was original-- it just popped off & went flying never to be seen again, I wished i had left it a lone, 69 dart, Lawrence

I'm currently working on replacing all the text on the rallye bezels with Lexan and backlighting it too. I may never get to this Dary bezel but I think it could look very nice.
Good luck with it.

My '67 Dart verts' "TOP" decal is actually a very thin piece of metal (tin or aluminum?) that is glued to the dash bezel in that little recessed area (REAR DEFROST decal goes there on hardtops.) Not sure how you would remove it w/o futtzin' it....glue dissolver that doesn't harm plastic?

If you figure out a way, lemme know as I have to remove mine as well, to get my bezel rechromed.

Thee chemical soak that removes all the paint and chrome will desolve the adhesive too.

Took mine off probably 12 years ago. I didn't use anything to soften glue. It came off without any damage

Try to pick a corner and see if it will lift easily, if not the yes get something to release the glue.

Don't know of an repo for it, it is metal strip so be careful not to damage it

Thanks all. I really didn't expect to find a repro piece so I wanted to make sure I don't screw up the one I have.

I have been thinking about talking to a vinyl graphics place and seeing if they could replicate the "top" label, and if they could possibly come close to original looking, have them make up some and sell them here. That would all depend on price. Half of mine is gone.

-
Back