Torque Boxes???

-

odie601

Reaction score
I have sub frames connecters on my 1971 Demon. I also have froward strut bars and a lower radiator supports. Might add an 8 point cage also, American Graffiti style. Would torque boxes give my more strength or is it overkill?? TORQUE BOX!!!! I love how it rolls off the tongue. Anybody running both? Torque box... TorQUE box... Torque BOX!!! :cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 530
What's a Torque Box? Torque boxes are sheetmetal boxes that the factory used on Hemi and convertible models to strengthen the uni-body design and improve the handling of your vehicle. These boxes are located behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels and link the rocker panels to the frame. Torque boxes were sometimes installed on 440 cars and were a "hit and miss" add-on, depending on what the factory had in stock on a particular day. Even if your vehicle did not have factory boxes, they can easily be added to your A, B or E body Mopar."

The panel with the hole is a rear torque box and the hole allows access to the rear leaf spring nuts.

Attachments

• 340 A-body Torque Box-Rear.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 340 A-body Torque Box-Front.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 427
You could run outriggers from the subframe connectors to the sills. That's how I did mine looks pretty cool and is bomb proof!

-
Back