Torque cam for 318 2bbl

-
Hey, let's keep it accurate. :poke:I went down last day of the season and knocked 2 tenths off the 1/8 mile with yet another carb change :D (they only raced 1/8 mile that day). Car would easily go 14.7's :)
Oh sorry excuse me!!! Lol
What was your fastest 1/8 I would like to someday get mine into the mids 8s a 9-8.5 sec street car is a fun little car. When I I had my barracuda I had a professor in college that had a 73 challenger it was 360 magnum out of a 90s van with a four speed. I dont recall the gear or any engine modification but he let me drive it at the local drag strip my best was a 8.7 something. It would have been faster with a better driver. It was an extremely fun street car.

What was your fastest 1/8 I would like to someday get mine into the mids 8s a 9-8.5 sec street car is a fun little car. When I I had my barracuda I had a professor in college that had a 73 challenger it was 360 magnum out of a 90s van with a four speed. I dont recall the gear or any engine modification but he let me drive it at the local drag strip my best was a 8.7 something. It would have been faster with a better driver. It was an extremely fun street car.
9.5's at 74 mph

I took a 5.2L/318 from a wrecked Jeep Grand Cherokee back in 2003 and put it in a '68 Dart with 4.30 gears and a 727. I used the MoPar M1 single plane intake, Hughes (Blue Racer) adjustable roller rockers, a 270HR Comp hyd roller cam (.536" lift) and MoPar ".600-lift" valvesprings and retainers. With a 600 vac-sec Holley and a (tight!) 11" converter, it ran 8.40s @86mph with a 2 second 60ft time!! LOL. With a 750 vac-sec Holley and a little tweaking, we got 8.30s @88mph out of it. I swear with a 9.5" 3500+ stall converter it would have run super-low 8's, no overbore, no head porting, just a bolt-on modded Magnum 318!!!

-
Back