80fbody

Reaction score
Purchased a rolling chassis race car:
1968 Dart - All fiberglass & lexan 12 point cage
Ladder Bars / coil overs with 4:30 gears
11.5 x 31.0 Slicks
Supposed weight is 2450lbs with big block

Putting together a stock stroke 440 for this season
Should be your basic 500hp version, 10to1, with some ported 346's.
Max camshaft would be the .557 solid if I have room

Plans for next year include transbrake.

What converter size & stall should I shoot for? Also recommended companies please.

Thanks,
Jason

When you call them give them all of the specs you listed here, intended usage of car, cam specs, gearing, weight, tire height etc. They can custom build you a converter. It won't be cheap but you get what you pay for.

There are several manufacturers, PTC comes to mind.

I did sent a request sheet to PTC based on your advice. Thanks.

I'm hoping to find a converter on the deal from someone upgrading. We'll see I guess.

I gave Paul at Paul's converters, Salem N.J. 8568781449, the specs as described and he provided a converter that performs exactly as requested. Paul has a one man shop and has been building convertors for 30+ years

Purchased a rolling chassis race car:
1968 Dart - All fiberglass & lexan 12 point cage
Ladder Bars / coil overs with 4:30 gears
11.5 x 31.0 Slicks
Supposed weight is 2450lbs with big block

Putting together a stock stroke 440 for this season
Should be your basic 500hp version, 10to1, with some ported 346's.
Max camshaft would be the .557 solid if I have room

Plans for next year include transbrake.

What converter size & stall should I shoot for? Also recommended companies plea
Thanks,
Jason
Nice car i saw it on graigslst or racingjunk i was interested in it to.You gonna run her this year at lebanon valley. Im in Connecticut and Springfield is on my way to the track ,good luck with the car. I had EAST Coast Converters rebuild my converter theres also Dynamic both are in Connecticut.

Thanks. Really hoping to have it running early this season. Definitely at the Valley. Never raced before. Only the usual hot rod test-n-tune on street tires. Really excited to have a car that can hook. I've picked up a 3500 stall on a good deal. I'm figuring I'll get a high-end converter in the off season. We'll have to hook up at the Valley.

Jason.

-
Back