voodoo cam 60404 276/284 513/533 2200-6400
Edelbrock RPM alum closed chambered heads
Edelbrock performer rpm air gap mainfold
holley 750 vacuum secondaries
3.55 rear
727 with shift kit
26" tires
TTI headers

Anybody want to venture the horsepower and what I should use for a nice street converter to cruise the highway and not heat up but flash real nice when i want to stand on it.

Call. Dynamic,ptc and ultimate. Talk things over with them an which ever you feel most comfortable with get them build one to your combo and intended use. Be 100% honest about your combo and intended use though. If not you will not be happy with the results..

You really do need a custom converter. I'm glad to see your goal is generally a cruiser. With a 4" stroke and that cam you can make some crazy mid range torque numbers. The listed peak rpm power range on that cam will probably end up much lower then what they list. I would think somewhere just either side of 5500 rpm's. But what a great street engine you'll have :thumbup:.

Definetley custom converter, get it right the first time and piece of mind that's it's not an off the shelf item that'll shrapnel when ya stall the bejesus out of it. When it's right she'll act normal (minimum slippage) when you're cruising around not building any heat.

As a side note, if you find the engine's got an off line bog (when you plant the go pedal) loose the vacuum secondary and go with double pumper.

-
Back