Torque specs

-

Upon9pwr

Reaction score
Anyone know the torque specs for a 71/4 rear end for 69 dart, any help would be appreciated, tried downloading mymopar manual, but all it said was corrupt download.

There are a lot of bolts on a rear end what specifically do you need

Sorry did not mean to be vague, bearing cap bolts, rear diff cover, and retaining nits for axles, and lugs

I'm looking in 67 FSM should be same for 69

upload_2020-9-26_13-9-17.png

upload_2020-9-26_13-9-49.png

I would try again to get the FSM, if doing it from a phone try a PC

And a big 'Thanks' to you for posting the info up for the OP anyway. Yeah, we should all have a copy of our service manual (heck I'm still working off a 30 year old hard copy in all its coffee and grease-stained glory lol)... but not everybody knows to and a lot of times they just get the typical snarky response of "too bad, you should have the manual.."

For the 1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time LOL

Go to MyMopar and download FREE factory service manuals

Do think about specs, though. There's a well known mistake on SB rocker arm shaft bolts for a few years.

And a big 'Thanks' to you for posting the info up for the OP anyway. Yeah, we should all have a copy of our service manual (heck I'm still working off a 30 year old hard copy in all its coffee and grease-stained glory lol)... but not everybody knows to and a lot of times they just get the typical snarky response of "too bad, you should have the manual.."
I have learned a lot by looking for something else in the manual. Asking for something like torque specs here requires someone to look them up. Not something we all know off the top of our heads. That's why having a manual and looking up your own specs is so important. Look up your own specs instead of someone else to do it for you and learn a lot along the way. I ask questions but after I have searched for the answers and can't find it. Just like a elementary teacher used to say when you would ask her how to spell a certain word. She would say
d,i,c,t,i,o,n,a,r,y . LOL I learned a lot from that lady!

Last edited:
Me too, I will follow the advice, new to the site and new to the car, just started my classic car journey, will exhaust all other resources next time.

Yes I tried on my phone, will try PC next, sorry to offend, appreciate those who can look past,

Not tryin to be critical. Phones, generally are "poor fare" for these types of forums where you many times deal with large photos, and files to download.

I have learned a lot by looking for something else in the manual. Asking for something like torque specs here requires someone to look them up. Not something we all know off the top of our heads. That's why having a manual and looking up your own specs is so important. Look up your own specs instead someone else to do it for you and learn a lot along the way. I ask questions but after I have searched for the answers and can't find it. Just like a elementary teacher used to say when you would ask her how to spell a certain word. She would say
d,i,c,t,i,o,n,a,r,y . LOL I learned a lot from that lady!
Oh I agree, for sure....'teach a man to fish' and all that. My point was simply, it was cool of Dana67 to also provide an answer in the thread. Not everyone is as experienced as others and sometimes a little help goes a long way, and now they know they can go get the manual for next time.

Yes I tried on my phone, will try PC next, sorry to offend, appreciate those who can look past
Don't worry about the ney sayers.

When I started to read your post I too was about to quote mymopar.com to download your cars FSM but then you said you had tried and had issues so no skin off my nose to find it in my FSMs that I had downloaded, and copy paste.

Some others on the site have become less patient with age. :poke::lol:

Have a great day, you did the right thing.

-
Back