[WANTED] Torque Strap

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeout your left motor mount. Cut off one of the studs. Drill through the mount where you cut off the bolt. Put a carriage bolt all the way through the mount. Tack weld the head or just use locktite. Put it back in. Low cost unbreakable hillbilly motor mount. Since it is still sitting on rubber, not much more vibration.

Takeout your left motor mount. Cut off one of the studs. Drill through the mount where you cut off the bolt. Put a carriage bolt all the way through the mount. Tack weld the head or just use locktite. Put it back in. Low cost unbreakable hillbilly motor mount. Since it is still sitting on rubber, not much more vibration.
That's a great idea.

Do they make grade 8 carriage bolts?
you can buy left side biscuits that are made like that with the studs attached to the plate on the opposite side of the rubber. It's a great idea IMHO because it keeps the rubber isolator to reduce vibration, but after 20 years of spirited driving with a stout 340 I haven't broken the first one that I bought

I just drilled a hole next to the stud and put in a connecting rod bolt. Was in there for 30 + years.

Do they make grade 8 carriage bolts?
you can buy left side biscuits that are made like that with the studs attached to the plate on the opposite side of the rubber. It's a great idea IMHO because it keeps the rubber isolator to reduce vibration, but after 20 years of spirited driving with a stout 340 I haven't broken the first one that I bought

I just used a regular ungraded carriage bolt. Hillbillies don’t think that much.....haha. I didn’t know you could buy something like that already done. Great info. Probably wouldn’t have bought it anyway being a cheapskate.

I think moparmatt has been selling some nice limiter plates for a reasonable price as another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back