Torque Wrench In Tight Places

-

71-440-Duster

Reaction score
Guys,

Looking for a torque wrench that will allow me to properly torque the 4 flex plate bolts to the torque converter.

Thanks in advance.

If you can get at it with a ratchet you should be able to use a torque wrench. What is the torque value?

I got mine torqued while sitting on the stand with the trans bolted up. What do you have in the way of getting to the bolts. BTW, always use Loctite on the bolts, ask me how I know.

Bill S.

Sounds like he might be looking for a very short torque wrench. If he is tightening the bolts like I do, the car is probably sitting on jack stands that aren't quite tall enough. I just put blue locktite on the bolts and tighten them with a closed end wrench with a little length on it so I can get some torque on it.

That could be. The torque value isn't as important as Locktite and getting them tight.

I haven't got to that point yet, but have had difficulty in the past getting the torque wrench in place as the back of the oil pan gets in the way.

you can use a double ended wrench like a 1/2 box end to a 1/2 open end and then a 1/2 drive torque wrench on the other end but youll have to do some math and measuring of the wrench to figure new torque value. I think snug with some red or blue would. I have never had one come loose but I did break a flexplate twice (small convertor snout in a later larger crank as I later figured out)

-
Back