torsion bar play

-

7duster4

Reaction score
This evening I adjusted the torsion bars on my duster and wondering how far I can adjust them. I lowered the car over an inch from before and looks so much better. My question is, just how low can it go?

Just remember alignment and scraping your k member. Speed bumps become a challenge but they just look so much better on the ground. Lets see some pics.

Wow - I didn't know the cars could go that low. Right now it's probably at around the stock height. The picture shown is from the nats. But I noticed this evening the stance was awful. The back end was down and the front end was up. So I adjusted the front down over an inch and helped a lot. I don't have any pics yet. Next week we'll be adding new shackels that are close from what it came from the factory with, so i'll probably have to adjust the front end again because the rear will probably lower even more.

DSCF4901.JPG

You can fool with the torsion bars all you want, but alignment should be checked when you get the stance where you like it.

Dropped down in front is a great look....but not too high in the :bootysha:...either.

x2 on lower is better but be careful with your driving. I broke a LCA at the torsion bar loop from it bottoming out on the frame, a little too low and a lot too aggressive driving..
and tell the alignment guy NOT to adjust the ride height to factory spec..had my 75 into a shop years ago and when I went to pick it up they had "fixed" the ride height. They put it back down and did the alignment but didn't guarantee the job

-
Back