Torsion bar question...help!

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I have a bent bar on the Scamp. It looks slightly bent to my eye when I roll it on the floor. I have another set of bars from the Demon. But there are some differences in the markings.
The Scamp bar is:
891L / UXD on one end and 891L / 330 on the other.
The Demon bars is:
891L / UNL on one end and 891L / 142 on the other.
Are they the same bars?

I believe that the 891 number indicates that they're the same diameter bar, measuring the diameter would be the real tell. The difference in the secondary number may just be a Dodge/Plymouth issue, or maybe a year of manufacture thing.

The bars are identified by the first 3 numbers.
Someone once stated the tolerance for runout on the bar was 1/8 inch. I have no idea if that is correct or not. I wouldn't reinstall a bowed or scared bar though.

Thanx guys. I measured the bars, they are the same. I thought they would be the same but the numbers through me off. I used the straight one as it was a spare. Now the bent one is the spare.

Chart, if that helps I guess you know there's a right and left. I'd bet if you measured a bunch of Mopars that have been driven hard, the bars will show a little bend

attachment.php

Actually it confirms what I saw. The bars have the olive markings. I did learn yesterday about the right and left. Thanx for the chart.

-
Back