Torsion Bar

-

Brandini

Reaction score
Taking apart my 69 Barracuda suspension and everything has been going decently up until the torsion bar on the drivers side. I was able to take off the passenger side with relative easy and now on the driver side I have everything removed the strut rod nuts, k member but for LCA and the c clip on the back of the torsion bar but it is barley moving and having little luck trying to remove it.

EFCCF889-1EF3-4662-B2B9-66FF3010D9DE.jpeg

D075F84B-1D72-4D12-B8C6-BAF446CC7E57.jpeg

253C2098-0CA6-4561-8929-3D7E33B3BC73.jpeg

big prybar between the front of the lower control arm and the K. apply force as needed :thumbsup:

the grease in the T bar socket might be a little gummy too, soften it up with some WD-40 like spray

How did you get the other side out?If you can fab up something like this it would help.
Mancini Racing Torsion Bar Remover/Installer
Ive used a rag and some vise grips to get the job done before.
I used a rag and some locking grips and she slid out this side came out a bit but hasn’t moved. If i am not able to remove and I cut the torsion bar would i be able to reuse the LCA.

^^ pop the clip out and do this (pry the entire LCA back) and it will come out for sure. Make sure the clip is out. Popping them out without the LCA unbolted is tough unless you jack up the car in such a way as to take the flex out of the chassis.

Yeah if you get the torsion bar out if the LCA. Like posted a big *** pry bar works great also.

Another thing to mention is that the ground the car is jacked on is not Flat, would this create any issue. Car is on jack stands and the jacks is under as well.

Hell yeah looks like you could start a nice dirt farm with all that crud that fell off.:rofl:

A torsion bar tool is a good thing to have if you are going to work on a Mopar.

-
Back