Torsion Bars???

-

tsa_035

72 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
Hey forum... Well I am getting ready to do alot of work to my '72 Duster... A question has been haunting me is what size torsion bars should I get?
I will be a running a 360 904 tranny 8 /34 rear with 3.55 gears for a street/strip set up... more street than anything. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... THANKS

Dan

Mopar or No Car

Are you interested in improving the handling? Or more into getting it to launch drag race style?

To get and idea of where you are headed, what rim and tire size are you planning on running front and rear?

Not to hijack the thread. I have the same set up and was wondering the same question. Mine is in my Demon though. I am running 15 inch tires and mainly just cruising around.

Not to hijack the thread. I have the same set up and was wondering the same question. Mine is in my Demon though. I am running 15 inch tires and mainly just cruising around.

Do you feel the car leans too much going around corners fast?

The 1.00" Torsion bars improve handling and cornering greatly. But there will be some harsher ride from them.

Both cars are mostly street driven so I personally would give up some at the track for better street ability. The just suspension 1" bars seem to be really nice and sell for a decent price. Can find them on sale quite a bit on eBay.

I wouldn't call it a harsher ride because even with a small block the 1" bars are far from harsh in my opinion. I think it is better described as a firmer ride but definately not harsh.

There were a few threads here from guys that went wit the 1" bars. If I remember they were all happy with them. Maybe do a search for those threads.

I wouldn't call it a harsher ride because even with a small block the 1" bars are far from harsh in my opinion. I think it is better described as a firmer ride but definately not harsh.

Ok maybe not harsh, but you will feel a difference from what you had before.

I'm running the .890 383 torsion bars with a 1-1/8" Addco anti-sway bar. The sway bar links are heim ends and poly bushings, plus the frame brackets are VERY sturdy. So, the t-bars give a decent ride, but the car still corners nice and flat.

At the same time, I haven't heard anybody complain about the bigger bars...

Thank you all so far for the info... I will be running 255 on 15's in the rear and I believe it is 205 on 15's in the front... I want to improve tha handling more... It won't see a whole lot of strip time...

Thank you all so far for the info... I will be running 255 on 15's in the rear and I believe it is 205 on 15's in the front... I want to improve tha handling more... It won't see a whole lot of strip time...

If you're looking for improved handling, 1.00" t-bars.

Also try to some bigger from tires. Like 215/60/15 or 225/60/15. You'll need to run 15x7 with 4.25 or 4.5 backspacing for those though.

-
Back