Torsion Bars

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I am getting a list going for the front suspension upgrades and was wondering if the PST 1.03 bars would be too harsh for my 70 dart 340 (now with /6 w/o AC bars). Car is street driven only.

Subjective, I think. If you want it really really to handle and don't mind "firm" I'd say go for it. They might just be a bit toward harsh, Tires matter, too.

Subjective, I think. If you want it really really to handle and don't mind "firm" I'd say go for it. They might just be a bit toward harsh, Tires matter, too.

Good to know. I am not interested in a cornering monster. I don't even have a front sway bar. lol. And just good old 14" BFGs

I just want an improvement over what I have. What diameter did the 340 cars come with stock?

There are a lot of people running them here. I have not heard anyone that says they are to harsh and make the car handle well. Try doing a search for PST and read some of the other posts to get ideas of what people have said, but I dont think you would be disappointed.

I installed a set in my /6 Duster with KYB's and a front sway bar. I'm very happy with the way it drives now, not too harsh at all.

Good to know. I am not interested in a cornering monster. I don't even have a front sway bar. lol. And just good old 14" BFGs

I just want an improvement over what I have. What diameter did the 340 cars come with stock?

Stock 892/893 bars from a 340 car are .870 diameter! Need a set? PM me!

I used to have .920 bars and some parts store "HD" shocks. I've recently changed to 1.06 FFI bars and the Hotchkis/Fox Racing shocks. The new setup rides like a new mustang which is firm but not bouncy or crashy. Before I even had the front sway bar on, the 1.06's handled better than it did with the .920's and the stock 7/8 front bar. Now it handles amazing (Hotchkis 1.5" front bar, but not the rear bar yet)

Any of the stock bars are WAAAAAAY too soft for my taste.

I installed a set in my /6 Duster with KYB's and a front sway bar. I'm very happy with the way it drives now, not too harsh at all.

I have the exact same setup on my dart. Definitely not too harsh for me. Bought everything from PST. I wouldn't change mine at all. Very happy with the set up.

-
Back