Track results!

-

MB43

Reaction score
Well, it was a mixed day... Some good, some bad.

I met B3Cuda at Englishtown, that was good.

I lost in the 2nd round, that was bad.

1st run (1st all season, actually): .188 RT, 1.755 60', 12.492 @ 106 MPH.

That 60' was almost a tenth better than the best I've ever run. The new converter is working good, I was able to leave the line at around 2500 RPM. Brakes work great, too, I was able to take the first turnoff.

On the way back to my pit the motor was clacking, I pulled the valve covers and found that the #1 exhaust adjuster had backed itself off. So I re-set it, then made a 2nd time run:

.131 RT, 1.775 60', 12.579 @ 105 MPH. More clacking, the adjuster backed itself off again. I replaced the adjuster screw & nut and tightened it all up.

1st round - 12.49 dial:
.070 RT (better!), 1.760 60', 12.534 @ 106 MPH. My opponent had a .000 RT, but ran an 11.35 on a 11.22 dial, at only 107 MPH. Either he broke or was on the brake. I won, good for me!

2nd round - 12. 53 dial:
.214 RT, 1.769 60', 12.581 @ 105 MPH. The guy I was up against dialed a 12.97... I was bringing the RPMs up and for some reason I thought he had a much bigger head start than he did, I looked up and my amber lights were already counting down. I chased him all the way down the track and never caught him. I lost by .1313.

The upside is I made it home in 2 hours. The downside is I didn't win a Wally, didn't get any cash, and lost due to me being stupid. Oh well!

nice that your racing and not have your car sitting in the garage waiting for parts and some time to put it all togheter!

duster340 said:
nice that your racing and not have your car sitting in the garage waiting for parts and some time to put it all togheter!

:sad2: Thanx for reminding me......:toothy10:

Sounds like you had a good time Mikel. Congrats on the short times.... Everything will improve during the season.:salut:

FASTBACK340 said:
:sad2: Thanx for reminding me......:toothy10:

Sounds like you had a good time Mikel. Congrats on the short times.... Everything will improve during the season.:salut:

That's what I'm hoping!

My neighbor has a Holley 750HP carb that we were gonna try out, but forgot about it until after my 2nd time run. I wasn't about to put it on before eliminiations, that would've screwed me all up. Next time out we'll put it on and see what happens. A bunch of people I've talked to said that just bolting that carb on their motors - without any tuning - made them go a tenth faster.

Congrats on your short time Mikel. Nothing broke and you made it home sounds like a nice day.Nice videos Sounds healthy :shaking2:
I hope to have mine ready for next year.

Big difference coming out of the hole... It used to bog down when I got off the brake and stomped on the gas, now it stays around the same RPM. BIG difference with this converter!

Anybody notice that I didn't leave until the green light was showing on the 2nd video? No wonder I lost that round! If you listen closely, you can probably hear me snoring.

This thread is like 3 years old....

yeah, sometimes i dont notice haha thats why i came into this room, because its more up to date. heck on other forums ive posted from 2002 replies so it does get worse with age heh thanx for showing me that,,,I think lol

-
Back