trading my truck for this hopefully

-
he has a complete 73 donar car. If i need parts i'm sure i can get them

it sounds like either you can do all the frame rail replacement yourself, or have someone that is going to charge you like 300 buck to do it all. Which i highly doubt. Lol

i actually have somebody that can for 250, theres a frame shop 5 miles from my house, dallas said it will only cost about 250 to get it fixed

DON'T DO IT.The truck is most likley worth more then the trade and this person knows it. But it sounds like you have made up your mind and your talking your self into making a bad deal any way.

i'm having my dad come with me to look at it. if he says its a bad deal then it's a no go. he's on here as well. mopar65

i know what ill do ill ask him if he can pay for the frame work as i have little funds and see what he says

don't take any of this as being pricky....but....

it really does sound like you created this thread for opinions and your not liking the opinions your getting.....it sounds like you have already made up your mind .....and trust me ....I have got on the 1 track mind set before because I WANTED a car bad enough......then once I got it.....everyone said " I told you so " and ended up being a money pit and a huge mistake.

don't make that mistake!

you may be bored of your truck,you may be thinking its summer and you want an old mopar to cruise in or whatever the case......but don't pressure youreself into the trade.

you say your trucks fenders have rust....no big deal....but new fenders for cheap and swap them on in a matter of hours.

the dart has obvious rust in the quarters and there WILL be more hiding.....and thats not a cheap OR fast job to replace those panels.....not sure if you have checked to see what those body panels run for or not?......but not cheap!.....then you have to take into consideration its not a simple nut and bolt swap.....your looking at cutting and welding in new.

and while your in there I am sure you would probably find the trunk extensions are rotted also and the rust may have extended to the trunk floor and wheel houses.

the damage is not going to be as a simple fix as you may think....the hood is sprung,the fenders are dented,it looks like the fenders got into the doors,all the notable front end parts broken,the framing is tweaked...and as mentioned before its a Unibody car.....its not going to be right no matter what you do.

here is an example of what even minor stress to the chassis of these cars can do......I have a 72 plymouth duster, the previous owner had a pumped up 360 in it,no subframe connecters ,took the car to the track and pulled the front wheels coming off the line, just that alone managed to put an outward facing crease in the drivers side quarter panel!.

not to mention what smoking a ditch would do to one of these cars.

and on top of it the interior isnt exactly perfect.

I think you should listen to everyone and do the smart thing and back out of the deal while you have the chance.

take and get some fenders for your truck, throw a quick paint job on it and turn around and trade it for a done running and driving clean mopar!!!! ....them trucks are cool looking trucks ( my buddy has one he built and has about 24" of lift on it with 55" tires I think it is.)

sorry for the long message...just trying to point out a few things to maybe help you out.

think it through real well so you don't make a mistake.

it slid on ice and went into the ditch, do you honestly think dallas (mobodyman) would joyride and mistreat that car?

Rock on dude go for it then !!!

But dont shoot the messanger, because you dont like the message.....[-X

I too have to agree with everybody else Mopardart72. Once I saw the pics and I would just keep the truck. The car looks too messed up in my opinion.

and I see its a vinyl top car and just noticed the rust at the base of the roofline where the vinyl top ends.....good luck with that, I bet there are some gremlins hiding under that vinyl lol

Like said.. don't think its a deal. Usually when the frame is pushed, the front substructure tweaks out the floor pans and firewall as well. If it was a rare hot colored 340 car.. a small maybe.. but a 318 plain janer? Parts car.

Grant

i actually have somebody that can for 250, theres a frame shop 5 miles from my house, dallas said it will only cost about 250 to get it fixed

I know you want this Dart but better cars are out there. Again..... In my eye that is a parts car. 74 simply don't bring big money and the rusted 1/4s (even without the front end damage) would make me say "No Thanks".

Drivers door looks like it doesn't fit from indirect damage (You have the damage in the front that is easy to see then you have damage, like mentioned above, that could be all over the car).

And I call BS on any body shop saying they can fix it for $250. They won't know until they get it on the rack and that is what they would tell you.

Frame time is expensive.

They will probably put it on the rack and have a look for $250 but fixing it will be extra.

250.00 ????????????????????? what? someone is smoking crack!

to get a car on a frame machine and set up properly takes about 6 hrs, just to get into position, without doing a single bit of work!. righ there will be about 500.00 minimum, and if you do not have them do the work, they will charge even more!

all i got to say is good luck, and when you bring it home, and decide to part it out, i got dibs on none of the parts!, as they do not bring much even in parts due to the year.

Bent or not...I think your truck is way cooler than the Dart (and I do like Darts).

With anything that's been in an accident I would proceed with caution...and would probably pass on personally.

There are tons and tons of great deals for old cars with this crappy economy right now for any budget.

Paul

You have to have in mind what your truck is worth. I just bought a very straight 71 Dart right off the trailer from California, shipped here to Canada,done deal for 6500.00. The car is factory paint EL5 with power steering, power brakes, 318, 8 3/4 with air conditioning that works. That would be a 4000.00 -4500.00 car for you. There are some really good deals right now in the U.S thats why us Canucks are looking in your neck of the woods. Be patient. personally I would stay away from this one, get somthing you can jump in and drive while you fix with no hassles.

Attachments

• 329379i_20.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 135
okay 20 replys and all bad news, ima go woth your guyses gut and say no deal, thank you all for probably saving my butt, i think ill fix up the powerwagon while saving for a project dart

I would cleanup and fix your truck.
Take some pictures and post it on here and elsewhere and see what trade offers you receive.
If I owned your truck I would only trade it for a car that is already running for the running truck.Your truck would sell for more than I would pay for that Dart.
Just my opinion,
TXDart
P.S. I do believe that cars only good for a donor car.

Parts car, definitely move on, your truck on the other hand has very good potential, focus on it.

i want to try and find a d150 2wheel drive if i can ill say bye bye to wanting a dart, not many street modded trucks around here, mostly lifted junk

and this is why i want one

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9LT1omFAwc"]YouTube - ‪Dodge truck burnout 2‬‏[/ame]

I'd keep that Power Wagon. Don't see too many of those around, and that one looks to be in good shape. Plus, I'm pretty sure you already have a nice 72 Dart. Why not concentrate on it and the truck? The 73 is more work than its worth.

-
Back