Trailer plate lights....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Have these bolts that have LEDS in them that I was using as players lights. I mounted the plate on the left fender, using rivets and these 2 led bolts. Was heading to town with the trailer....rear tire on the left side blew out. Bent the snot out of the fender/plate...and ripped the wires from the lights. So folks with trailers...what are you using for plate lights? If your plate is hanging below your tail light using the clear section of the light not real interested in that...have lost more than one plate that way....

Have these bolts that have LEDS in them that I was using as players lights. - pretty sure he typo-ed there - supposed to say -Have these bolts that have LEDS in them that I was using as plate lights.-
~normally I would just let ya go/get away with it - but today I am running a two-fer got ya special--- :poke: - so yea, he's heard of 'em... :twisted: DOH!! :poke:
ever seen the bolts with the lights build into them?

might be the easiest way to do it

random ebay example
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-White-Mo...ash=item3d15656d13:g:mF0AAOSwQjNW9PTR&vxp=mtr

Have these bolts that have LEDS in them that I was using as players lights. - pretty sure he typo-ed there - supposed to say -Have these bolts that have LEDS in them that I was using as plate lights.-
~normally I would just let ya go/get away with it - but today I am running a two-fer got ya special--- :poke: - so yea, he's heard of 'em... :twisted: DOH!! :poke:

so now I have to proofread the original post AND my reply?

sure, my bad, sorry for trying to help

Is this link any better ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111473...7290-0%26rvr_id%3D1014212232111&ul_noapp=true

Now, what is this about a special ?
what else did I say?

Sorry about the typo....auto correct on the phone and an operator not paying attention. What got trashed....bolts with LEDS in them...

I never seen them before Doug. You got any pitchers?

those LED bolts are not very hardy.. I have gone through a couple sets on my bike.. maybe a motorcycle plate holder will help? They are made for smaller plates but are typically made pretty well..
Sorry about the typo....auto correct on the phone and an operator not paying attention. What got trashed....bolts with LEDS in them...

My trailer plates always take a load of abuse. I actually move mine to the back of the trailer. There's not room for a light back there but haven't had any problems from the law yet. I got tired of losing plates. However, those bolts could work!

I had the same issue. I just took a piece of angle iron and mounted it on the fender half way up. Not pretty but it works ok for the plate.

maybe Google "motorcycle plate holder" - even if you don't buy one of them - the results may lead you to an idea that works..

Car trailer plate in Montana is full size so any bike frame stuff won't work. I probably won't have any problems with the cops...unless I go thru Reardan with it...which is normally the route I go...the "Marshall" in Reardan is a real clown. 30mph is 30mph, not 30.01. He sits just inside where the speed drops from 60 to 30...he has been known to radar folks when they are still in the slow down area from the 30 zone. He recently shot someone in the Cemetery...at noon....for "suspicious activity"

I wiped my trailer plate off three times driving out through the backroads camping and dirt bike riding.
After the third one I quit replacing it. (drove it for three more years like that) :D
Even had cops right behind my RV and never even got asked about it.

That's my luck though, and yours may vary. LOL

I wiped my trailer plate off three times driving out through the backroads camping and dirt bike riding.
After the third one I quit replacing it. (drove it for three more years like that) :D
Even had cops right behind my RV and never even got asked about it.

That's my luck though, and yours may vary. LOL
Made 4 round trips from Mesa Az to Spokane with no plate. Oddly enough on one of my trips I found my plate in one of the hotel parking lots I used. Never understood having a piece of plastic holding the plate half a foot off the pavement.
View attachment 20160414_085551.jpg

How did this thread end up in shop, garage and tools? Makes absolutely zero sense.

How did this thread end up in shop, garage and tools? Makes absolutely zero sense.

it does if you consider the trailer a tool
or park it in your garage
or, if it is big enough to be a "toy hauler" type trailer to be considered a shop on wheels

besides, he is clearly "shopping" around for the right "tool" to get the job done so his trailer wont need to be "garaged"

Guy I use to work for welded a regular door hinge to the piece of channel that sticks out the side that the tail light mounts on, then mounted the plate to the plate to the hinge, whenever the plate hit something it just swung out of the way

Guy I use to work for welded a regular door hinge to the piece of channel that sticks out the side that the tail light mounts on, then mounted the plate to the plate to the hinge, whenever the plate hit something it just swung out of the way

as crooked as some of our state and city governments are, one thing, we don`t have to run plates on trailers till you get to the big ones. that and over 65 -the drivers license is free, imagine that ! but, they`ll screw you w/ every other thing imaginable !

I wasn't suggesting using one my friend - simply that looking through some of the images that come up might lead you to an idea..
Car trailer plate in Montana is full size so any bike frame stuff won't work. I probably won't have any problems with the cops...unless I go thru Reardan with it...which is normally the route I go...the "Marshall" in Reardan is a real clown. 30mph is 30mph, not 30.01. He sits just inside where the speed drops from 60 to 30...he has been known to radar folks when they are still in the slow down area from the 30 zone. He recently shot someone in the Cemetery...at noon....for "suspicious activity"

Attachments

• DSC00478.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 113
plates are reflective. My light is the headlights of the car behind.
But I do understand the overzealous Johnny Law with nothing better to do-reasoning.

-
Back