tranny coolers what are you guys runnin?

-
U can usually get one of the ford exploder units from the jy for 10$ I have a couple around just for that next project. They are a stacked plate type and work great.

finally got it all together. bracket welded installed, then when i was making the lines it was too close to where they would go through the radiator support. so i had to move it over to the passenger side. lol

I used aluminum hard line, with XRP aluminum -AN fittings, which take a 37* single flare that you have to make PERFECT! they connect to a bulkhead fitting, then from there I will use braided flex line to the tranny...

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2610.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2615.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_2611.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2613.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 418
my lines i made

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

Very nice James!I too went with stainless tranny lines 2 yrs ago.Knowing very well that I,d be pulling the engine/tranny again.Well it looks like I,ll be pulling it again(she broke):eek:ops:.Having these lines makes it so much easier.Gonna have to get some of them line clamps.Hope your out cruisin soon!:burnout:

Doesn't putting the trans cooler in front of the radiator add heat to the radiator and degrade its effectivness?

What kind of sleeve did you put over the black braided stainless? I'm assuming it's some sort of heat shield.

I'm planning to do this mod myself soon (switching from steel hard lines to braided stainless for the cooler lines), but plan to run the lines completely away from the headers so hoping I won't have a heat/melt issue?

What kind of sleeve did you put over the black braided stainless? I'm assuming it's some sort of heat shield.

I'm planning to do this mod myself soon (switching from steel hard lines to braided stainless for the cooler lines), but plan to run the lines completely away from the headers so hoping I won't have a heat/melt issue?

woah...long time, but to answer your question, this stuff:

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-Thermal-Heat-Sleeving/1130487/10002/-1

-
Back