Tranny problems

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I helped my buddy install tranny last night installation went ok, filled with fluid and car wont shift out of first, manually or automatically, did we do something wrong or is it the rebuiders problem?

Linkages adjusted right? Fluid level correct? What are we working on? Was the trans just rebuilt or has it been run in another car already?

was there any work done to the valve body? Shift kit? had same problem once there is a spring on the 1 to 2 shift valve in the valve body that was to stiff on mine mixed it up changed it and was good nightmare troubleshooting though . check line pressures?

The trans is mine.Trans is a little over filled but not shooting out the vent. The trans was just rebuilt with a shift kit and new valves in the valve body. It must be shifting into second in drive postion cause when I leave off the gas and if I shift manually to first after going around 25-30 mph I will shift back into first. The kick down linkage is not set up at all yet. Sounds like a band adjustment is needed. Any other tips?

Get the kick down linkage or better known as the Throttle pressure linkage hooked...it regulates the pressure to the clutch pac as the throttle is stepped on....more throttle with no increase in pressure is a disaster for a torquefilte.....

Get the kick down linkage or better known as the Throttle pressure linkage hooked...it regulates the pressure to the clutch pac as the throttle is stepped on....more throttle with no increase in pressure is a disaster for a torquefilte.....
you better get that kickdown hooked up or you will fry it in less than 5 min if it aint all ready

Mike check this out, I will call you in the morning. also get kickdown hooked up.
73 duster 340 727 mild cam.

My kickdown is hooked up just not adjusted yet. There is pressure on the kickdown lever on the trans.

check this out I no your cheap but this should work so you can get rid of the dinosaur set up,
Item number: ebay motors.

We properly adjusted kickdown tonight, linkage ok, so Im to assume its in the valve body at this point. We will get the rebuilder to fix or replace he isnt gonna say we screwed it up.

-
Back