Tranny question

-
No. trannies don't work, at least not in the usual sense

hiimtrannylargemsg120416082356.jpg

Not easy. The torque converter snout is a larger diameter, so won't fit the pilot hole in your crankshaft. You would have to get the converter modd'ed. Your 65 car uses a shift cable. The 70 has a lever shift setup, so would have to mod to that. You wouldn't use the park cable on your 65 car since that is internal in the 70 tranny. You would need a custom driveshaft w/ slip yoke, but could probably have a 70 one shortened.

You can use the transmission, I did in my 65. You can use a b&m shifter that is cable operated or go to shumacher's and get a cable kit for your original shifter the work great. As far as the pilot hole for the crank shaft I don't know about that, flex plate bolted right up to my 65 273.

Back in time, As many as it takes why is there a quota?

This is not the way to find answers and make threads on this board

It would be "pretty damn handy" to know some details.

What engine are we talkin here

What is the transmission out of? For all I know it might be a motor home or 4x4. It might be a 904, or a 727. It might be off the wrong engine. And nothing built after Ma got rid of the cable shifters will work, unless you are willing to use an aftermarket shifter.

and as Rusty said

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=270137

You did not get a cable shifted trans out of a 70. Now, maybe ONE of em is the speedo cable. Maybe "whut you got" out of the 70 already HAD an aftermarket shifter...........which used..........a cable

But you can NOT hook that up to your early car

Details. And stop posting multiple threads

Vali 68,
Ok Bud, here is what I did and this worked for me, I actually did the conversion and all works just fine.
1965 Valiant Signet, 225 /6 904 Automatic. I removed the /6 and Transmission, gave those away. Needed new transmount, cut notch in passenger side. Need a center link with the V8 drop. Motor Mounts from Shumachers.
Installed 1966 273 V8, installed 904 Auto Trans from donor 1973 Duster 318 Car.
Get externally balanced torque converter with LA flex plate.
Need a B&M Cable Shifter or a shifter conversion kit for the stock shifter, either one works fine, although you need to modify the stock shifter for this to work, but you will see nothing externally done. But it will work with a single cable. OR you can get a complete 66 Barracuda console shifter and keep the rod system, this works too, can get pricey.
Need a V8 accelerator set up, or you can fab with Lokar set up, same for kick down linkage.
Need to do the obvious with the electrical.

This is what I did to make a Slant 6 a V8 Car.

Is your car a V8 or /6?

-
Back