Trans brake and reverse

-

73smallblock

Reaction score
What is everyone doing to avoid holding the trans brake button while backing up? I've seen people on the Internet using a micro switch on the linkage to engage the trans brake without having to hold the button in. Has anyone tried this at the neutral safety switch off the reverse lights?

With this car, I had a toggle wired in. It was on the back of the shifter.
DSC_0633.JPG

dont forget to turn it off ig you put a constant switch on , the solinoid will burn out much faster than you think

Just as long as if you were backing it with a button. Raced 2 seasons of nostalgia pro-stock with that setup. The only issue we had, was the wires breaking at the back of the normal button, on the steering wheel.

detrpoit dragway 5-19-12 052_edited-1.JPG

Just as long as if you were backing it with a button. Raced 2 seasons of nostalgia pro-stock with that setup. The only issue we had, was the wires breaking at the back of the normal button, on the steering wheel.

View attachment 1716065199
I've thought about just using a toggle switch like that. The kicker is, i have only used the brake 2 times in the two years I've have it. It just happened to be in a transmission that I got from pittsburghracer.

I'd change valve bodies. Might need a different converter, if you're a serious player.

I've thought about just using a toggle switch like that. The kicker is, i have only used the brake 2 times in the two years I've have it. It just happened to be in a transmission that I got from pittsburghracer.

I was going to wire in a toggle switch in my old Daytona but just got used to holding the button on the wheel while backing up.

I did just have a converter fixed and adjust by PTC. I told him I have a brake but don't use it for racing but may eventually use it. I would like to start but just need to practice with it.

-
Back