Trans cooler or not?

-

Badart

Reaction score
Currently my 904 transmission lines run through my radiator. My question is should I leave it this way or install a trans cooler? My car is just a street car with the occasional rip down the back roads. Since my build the car has not gotten hot at all. Have not seen it get above 200 degrees. My fear is because I burned up one Chevy transmission before because the engine always ran hot during the summer. Do you guys run coolers? Just curious.

i run one,but i also have a stall converter.higher stall =more slippage=more heat.either way i think its worth the investment.

Well I am running a small mopar performance 2200 stall convertor and a TF-2 shift kit. The engine is a fairly mild 318 est. 330 hp 370 lb torque. Will it hurt performance to drive in colder weather with just a cooler?

a cool transmission is a happy one and will last alot longer.you could put one on and still use the factory one.come of the factory one in to an after market one then to trans.:cheers:

a cool transmission is a happy one and will last alot longer.you could put one on and still use the factory one.come of the factory one in to an after market one then to trans.:cheers:

I could not have said this any better!

-
Back