TransGo TF3- tie back or run cable

-
Taking the original posters pardon here knowing pretty much that he has his answer to his question?
Yes I was expecting 30 or 60 thousands or even like the one I put in my truck that felt like a hundred thousand or more! This was definitely a full inch and a half! I know nothing about Glides either. And Rusty Rat Rods answer of no isn't what I want to tell my customer for damn sure LOL I'll research everything as always and get some education. As always I appreciate at the very least your educated guess:thankyou:

If I remember the glide input shaft can pull all the way out just like some of the older Fords like the C4 and C6 transmissions.
You might have just pulled it out to where the unworn bushing area on the shaft is, and that's why it stopped at 1.5 inches instead of coming all the way out.

Also if IRC you check the endplay on the output shaft of a glide instead of on the input shaft.

Like I said though, it's been a long time and I could have that confused with any number of other transmissions.
Maybe a Youtube vid would help answer some of those questions.

If I remember the glide input shaft can pull all the way out just like some of the older Fords like the C4 and C6 transmissions.
You might have just pulled it out to where the unworn bushing area on the shaft is, and that's why it stopped at 1.5 inches instead of coming all the way out.

Also if IRC you check the endplay on the output shaft of a glide instead of on the input shaft.

Like I said though, it's been a long time and I could have that confused with any number of other transmissions.
Maybe a Youtube vid would help answer some of those questions.
Yes I'm going to head that way I just like to run it by someone honest I'm familiar with and again thank you for whatever your brain can remember and kick out LOL I can relate honestly...

hey guys just finished up rebuilding my 727, with an all new Frank Lupo 4200 stall convertor and installed a tf3 full manual from transgo. Now I know you can either run a kickdown cable and adjust for the pressure or just tie the lever back. What would you do?
This is a street/strip car Just driven on cruises or a local meetup.
What did you end up doing?

-
Back