Transmission cooler mounting vertical

-

MR4V

Reaction score
Hi All

Has anyone mouted a Moroso Filtered Transmission cooler vertical?

I see it has inlet & return & the filter is not a floating one, my cocern is it not filling or cooling the trans.

My trans is a 727 reverse full manual with 4000 stall, i'm using -6 fittings with braided line & mounting it on the radiator support panel.

Also can someone tell me with is the outlet & return on the 727 box & if the pump will have enough pressure to do this.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-41200/overview/

Thanks

in the bottom out the top. or in the top out the top. Never exit the bottom or you may get air in cooler.

the trans cooler is to be mounted so that the fitting are going out the sides not up or down. i think hot goes in the top and cold out the bottom but not real sure about that

sorry not thinking that on that one i beleive it is still suppose to go from side to side, should have some kind of intsrution in with it. wish i could have been more help

The outlet (pressure) on a torqueflite is the fitting up front. The rear fitting is the return. The pump will have plenty of pressure.

BTW: why are you wanting to run a filtered cooler, yours got one of those race only brass filters that only stop bolts and nuts from going through the valve body? IMO your better off running a stock Dacron filter and std. cooler. The Dacron filter is an excellent filter and if you plug it up you've got a lot more serious problems than just a plugged filter.

in the bottom out the top. or in the top out the top. Never exit the bottom or you may get air in cooler.

X2. I'm not sure I like the looks of that Summit cooler. Looks like leak prone to me. What's wrong with a conventional finned welded/ soldered cooler?

The outlet (pressure) on a torqueflite is the fitting up front. The rear fitting is the return. The pump will have plenty of pressure.

BTW: why are you wanting to run a filtered cooler, yours got one of those race only brass filters that only stop bolts and nuts from going through the valve body? IMO your better off running a stock Dacron filter and std. cooler. The Dacron filter is an excellent filter and if you plug it up you've got a lot more serious problems than just a plugged filter.

Thanks fishy68.

This box will only see small mileage in a hot climate so I wanted to run a filtered cooler just in case, also didn't want to run it in front of the radiator, just trying to have maxinum cooling.

The instruction do not say anything about fitting it vertical or horizontal.
This Moroso cooler is disigned for Auto transmissions & are meant to have better cooling

Cheers

Thanks fishy68.

This box will only see small mileage in a hot climate so I wanted to run a filtered cooler just in case, also didn't want to run it in front of the radiator, just trying to have maxinum cooling.

The instruction do not say anything about fitting it vertical or horizontal.
This Moroso cooler is disigned for Auto transmissions & are meant to have better cooling

Cheers

doesn`t make any diff.,all coolers have air in them when new, u have a vent on the trans. , that will take care of it. fill it properly and you`ll have no trouble. some times I can`t just sit and ignore some comments-------bob:wack:

-
Back