Transmission pan leak

-
I've never used this gasket ! Looks very well made though ! I have used the other gasket that OP used ! I've had good luck with those myself !! Think I'll get me that Moroso gasket for mine !
Im gonna try it again with the tips given here if it still leaks im gonna get a new pan if it leaks ill rtv and weld the damn thing in haha

I've never used this gasket ! Looks very well made though ! I have used the other gasket that OP used ! I've had good luck with those myself !! Think I'll get me that Moroso gasket for mine !
Just fair warning. Sometimes you need longer bolts. That's a small inconvenience though. Wait till you have one in your hand. They're badass.

Yes I thought of that I went thru a couple different time and retorqued them my torque wrench sucks and I need a new one but I most definitely got a click its possible its too much 12 lbs isn't alot thats for sure
I use these two torque wrench’s for all my transmission work ! I bought these years ago ! Probably one of the best investments I’ve made !!
D9A9A830-C6A6-49CC-AB7B-AE7830EEFB95.jpeg

I have a steady drip on my trans pan I just dropped and replaced the gasket and filter. I used a lube locker gasket no cheap one and its still leaking. I drove the car around today to heat it up let it cool drove it some more let it cool still leaking. What gives? Do I need to use rtv? I tighten the bolts to 12.5 lbs or 150 inch which is what i read it called for.
BUy a cast aluminum pan. They have a super thick machined pan rail.
It will not leak no matter the gasket. I don't used stamped metal pans for anything anymore. Differential, valve covers and trans pan
are all cast and never leak.

It will not leak no matter the gasket. I don't used stamped metal pans for anything anymore. Differential, valve covers and trans pan
Hard to argue against that. They are nice.

I had considered them till I saw the price of them. I was trying to avoid spending that but I may cave and just buy one.

Duprapene gaskets are more like $13 with shipping on-line. Unless a local part stores have them.

-
Back