Transmission sheild in an Early-A.Who has one?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Anybody running a trans sheild for a 904 in an Early-A?If so,what brand?Does it fit?I,m stuck right now deciding on the TCI sheild wether it fits without cutting my hump apart.Any ideas or advise welcome.Thanks

the only one that will fit is a blanket.
Thanks bOb.Who makes a blanket for 904?I have a blanket from AllStar performance,but beleive it,s for Chebby.A friend had it for a spare.I just don,t want to have to modify it,might affect the SFI rating?

Thanks Martin.I,m leaning towards the CSR flexplate/trans sheild $$ yikes:cry:
As per NHRA rulebook,I need both a flexplate sheild and trans-sheild and the CSR one is both all in one(not just a blanket or trans-sheild).I just hope it fits the Early-A?I can drill holes in my hump/firewall to access trans bolts.

My 74 Dart came with 727 and has a fiber board as a shield,I look at it when I get to the shop and see what brand it is...(I know you are running a 904).
The PO drilled a couple holes thru the tranny hump for the bell housing bolts.
Well, I am off to work on my car ...

the CSR super shield fit pretty tight to the trans...there are two or three mounts on the trans that has to be cut off for the shield as per the instructions...

and the allen bolts they give ya are too long and bottom out before they tighten up...added a washer or two ....

and I had to notch the front k member to get the motor/trans back in my 71 Dart...as the shield wants to hit the firewall before the pan drops in the k member....

but those problems were on a 71 Dart.....you probably wont have the same problems on a 66 Dart...LOL

the CSR super shield fit pretty tight to the trans...there are two or three mounts on the trans that has to be cut off for the shield as per the instructions...

and the allen bolts they give ya are too long and bottom out before they tighten up...added a washer or two ....

and I had to notch the front k member to get the motor/trans back in my 71 Dart...as the shield wants to hit the firewall before the pan drops in the k member....

but those problems were on a 71 Dart.....you probably wont have the same problems on a 66 Dart...LOL
Thanks for the heads up Tony about the mods.Were there,s a will there,s a way!(BFH)disgust.:coffee2:

-
Back