Transmission valve body

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Fast question. Is there any diffrence between a 68 car 727 valve body and a 73 truck 727 valve body? Both transmissions are non lick-up, I may have to switch valve body and dont no if there compatable or not.

the 73 will fit and work....

only difference i can think of..is that the 73 valve body might have part throttle kickdown module on it and the 68 does not....

Correction, it's an 87 truck 727 non lock up. Will the valve body from the truck trans work in the 68 727.

Correction, it's an 87 truck 727 non lock up. Will the valve body from the truck trans work in the 68 727.

All non lockup 727's are the same except for part throttle kickdown.
Putting the 87 in the 68 will give you "passing gear" or "part throttle kickdown".

That sounds cool, Im asuming a shift kit doesnt do anything but help it. Am I correct there.

That sounds cool, Im asuming a shift kit doesnt do anything but help it. Am I correct there.

The shift kit will be a must have in an otherwise stock valve body. :D
Trango TF2 is a good one.
You might consider getting a good bolt in rear sprag also, but that would require the trans to be completely disassembled. (could save your legs though)
(then there's all the other stuff while it's open anyway)

You may have to use your old roster comb and neutral lockout switch. At some point around 1968 that switch went from single contact and separate back up light switch to three contacts two of which control back up lights, and center is lock out circuit.

-
Back