Transplant Update

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
The most important thing is to give all of you the biggest thanks for your support. My daughter did a supper job letting you know what was going on. Recovery started at a good pace. The operation was from 9:00 PM on Dec.29 to 1:00 Am on the 30th. I got just a left lung. One week later, at 4:21 PM I was sitting on the sofa at home. Still a little sore at the incision sight, but not bad. I go to hospital twice a week for X-ray, blood work, see the Doc, and have my meds adjusted. The weather has been mild so I have been able to a couple of walks most days.

Thousands of people your help. There are about 120,000 people in the US on waiting lists for a transplant. The problem is there are just not enough donors. Each about 22 people die because they get the transplant they needed.
If you are a donor, COOL!!!! If not please think about and learn more. Please ask friends to become one also. There is never any cost to the family for the donation process. Just one donor can provide up to seven or eight organs and help up to fifty other people.

Again, my prayers of thanks go to all of you,
Mike

Thanks for the update Mike! Modern medicine is amazing!

I'm a donor since I won't be needing to take anything with me when I go.

Fast, healthy and 100% full recovery to you Mike, it took me about a year to feel back to normal after my double lung transplant.

Glad to see things went well...here's to a speedy recovery...

-
Back