Tremendously great vintage NASCAR

-
2983BF41-30CB-452D-825A-46B75DE6777B.jpeg
B390C1ED-9389-4DA4-8D97-EDF30EFD3610.jpeg
26BABF3C-996E-4821-A30A-0E2CC6FFA249.jpeg
7FCFCFC4-86A5-4F67-A1BD-9CF18AD72376.jpeg
E2145D80-6ADE-480F-9D2D-96DF7527226B.jpeg
@JDMopar our buddy Mcbride did the recreation on the Dodge Truck for Tim Wellborn for this past Daytona race!

K&K at Talladega November 1970 with a dual quad setup.
Lettering states Grand National Champion, so this pic was taken in November 1970 at Talladega for the 201 run.
Above Hyde's head you can see the track. Man, that air cleaner is HUGE!!
K&K dodge daytona dual quad at talladega 1970 november.JPG

I love watching the racing footage from the early 70’s. If a car bumps a wall you simply pull out some hammers and bend things back into place, then race again. Nowadays if a insect makes contact, plastic is flying, dogs barking, babies crying. Not to mention I really can’t tell what manufacturers are even out there, since they look identical. For all know a Prius could be winning these days. Also appears modern drivers are just literally kids, in their early 20’s. I’m sure it takes much skill and serious balls to race at these speeds, but watching Ford, GM, and Chrysler cars dueling it out in the past almost brings tears to my eyes. Big blocks, leaded gas, and just raw horsepower! Thanks for the great footage and pictures guys!

I love watching the racing footage from the early 70’s. If a car bumps a wall you simply pull out some hammers and bend things back into place, then race again. Nowadays if a insect makes contact, plastic is flying, dogs barking, babies crying. Not to mention I really can’t tell what manufacturers are even out there, since they look identical. For all know a Prius could be winning these days. Also appears modern drivers are just literally kids, in their early 20’s. I’m sure it takes much skill and serious balls to race at these speeds, but watching Ford, GM, and Chrysler cars dueling it out in the past almost brings tears to my eyes. Big blocks, leaded gas, and just raw horsepower! Thanks for the great footage and pictures guys!
Agreed, and I would also like to mention that in the old days, the safety and tire technology isn't close to today's standards.
Not by a long shot.
For the old racers to drive a '69 Daytona Charger at 200 mph using the tires and safety gear available in '69 is absolutely insane!
Not to mention that the cars were pretty crudely built as well compared to now...........
These guys had real balls!
We can thank them all for the safety equipment that is now available, a lot of drivers were seriously hurt or killed to be where we are today, and that goes for NASCAR and NHRA drag racing as well as all other forms of motor sports for that matter.............

-
Back