Trick Flow 240 Heads

-
I postet in General Discussion, or not?

Yes i´m talking about the BB Heads. Figured out, that Trick Flow seems to have problems getting Valves... so they are available soonest at end of march...
Damn...

Dont know about availability , but there are some on ebay --------jfyi

440 source only lists parts on the site that are in stock. I went to order the heads a few weeks ago and the page was gone....was there earlier that day. So when they run out of stock they take it off their site.

I read recently that TF was having foundry problems, & that was why there are no heads around at the moment.

I bought a set of 270 heads from 440 source a couple weeks ago, got them last week.

The ones I purchased new were good to go OOTB. Zero issues, run the last 24 years. No issues. The ones I just worked, 20 or so years old. A quick hit on the valve seat, no problem. Valve stem heights on MY heads were fine. Valve stem heights on the pair i worked on, a bit off. I can not do a whole lot of work in my basement. The owner is fine with it. I say OK, he took them home and is happy as hell.

Purchase quality material. Do a search or ask the fellas here that port/work on heads what they use and why. The price oof OK valves and a good set can be a few bucks, but inthe end, you'll forget the price as the miles of smiles pass on by. Buy crap, spend twice, the previous smiles of saving money will flip into a frown.

The older stuff was better , mostly than now. I know a mech/head man that wouldnt install an edel. head w/o fixing/correcting it first !
He checks all new heads he messes with , has his own flow bench------------

-
Back