Trick flow 240 review along with flow number comparison to other aluminum heads

-
Your channel?
Not my channel but it is my head. He had a request on a previous Q and A video for a review on the trick flow 240. So I sent him mine so he could review it. Thought that someone might find it interesting.

Thats what the Hemi is for .
92b … maybe you fat fingered the diagree icon . But if not where were all the Hemi eating bigblock Chevies in 1966-1971?
Hell … how many could outrun a 440-6 ? At the time the 915 heads were appropriate for the cam profiles , compression ratios , weight and gearing of daily driven cars . The Hemi was an offering with huge ports that could benefit greatly from aggressive modifications .
And most modern BB Chevy builds are Hemis in disguise.

92b … maybe you fat fingered the diagree icon . But if not where were all the Hemi eating bigblock Chevies in 1966-1971?
Hell … how many could outrun a 440-6 ? At the time the 915 heads were appropriate for the cam profiles , compression ratios , weight and gearing of daily driven cars . The Hemi was an offering with huge ports that could benefit greatly from aggressive modifications .
And most modern BB Chevy builds are Hemis in disguise.
Yup, fat fingered a big red X. Sorry about that.

It's crazy how small big block Mopar heads are compared to chevy heads.
Depends on what BB heads your looking at.

100_0046 (2).JPG

I was at my machinists shop the other day and he showed me a set of heads you could just about fit your fist in. I think they were pontiac.
Im getting ready to build a 512 with trick flow 240's. Torque is king on the street.

He quoted 2 things incorrect he flowed that tr240 with a 4.310 plate, but said tf used a 4.320 actually it's a 4.350 plate. The combustion chambers are 78 not 76.
Other than that video was good, they're great heads like he says but really the 240 port is so small .
I used to think the max wedge port was big, until I working in a machine shop .
The 6.0 LS intake port is pretty much the same size and they use that port in heavy trucks ,
That being said if I was to do it all over again I'd get the 270s over the 240s but mines drag only

I was at my machinists shop the other day and he showed me a set of heads you could just about fit your fist in. I think they were pontiac.
Im getting ready to build a 512 with trick flow 240's. Torque is king on the street.
We have a real boss 302 at work and I've build a few sets of 351 Cleveland heads . That's a big port opening, I believe it's only 240 CC's thought.
You can almost cram a tennis ball in that port lol.

Not my channel but it is my head. He had a request on a previous Q and A video for a review on the trick flow 240. So I sent him mine so he could review it. Thought that someone might find it interesting.
Thanks

Trick Flow claim ~640 hp for those 'poor' 240 heads on a 440, with HR cam.

Trick Flow claim ~640 hp for those 'poor' 240 heads on a 440, with HR cam.
No, they claim 620.
Everyone knows they make good power & right out of the box. The heads have made over 740 on a 470 Andy f built

Yep, Everybody in the early 60s had some beautiful cast iron headers. Pontiac, Chevy, ford,....and Mopar. (Nascar competitors. NOT a coincidence)

Yep, Everybody in the early 60s had some beautiful cast iron headers. Pontiac, Chevy, ford,....and Mopar. (Nascar competitors. NOT a coincidence)
Speaking of headers, did you ever get a chance to see what it would cost to ship your headers for rat bastid and I to test on my engine ?

Speaking of headers, did you ever get a chance to see what it would cost to ship your headers for rat bastid and I to test on my engine ?
I haven't found a box yet that I could get them in, so I haven't got a weight. I suspect shipping would be more than the knowledge would be worth.

I haven't found a box yet that I could get them in, so I haven't got a weight. I suspect shipping would be more than the knowledge would be worth.
Yeah, unfortunately I think you're right.
Thanks for the offer though.

I had a Mercury XR7 many years ago that had a 351C 2v motor and even those ports were much bigger than the BBM wedge.

Hmmm, the most interesting thing I rewatched was that the standard port tf beat a victor head he ported all the way up to .700 lift .
Even though they're essentially bigger sized small block Chevy heads in design.
Great job trickflow.
Now make us something that has b1 numbers,
PRETTY PLEASE

-
Back