Trick Flow and Harland Sharp rocker arms Tip to valve stem Geo

-

wedgehead

Reaction score
I noticed that jessel make a geometry gauge for use with there rockers to tell you how much shim to add under the rocker shafts to place the rocker tip just behind the center of the valve stem on the bottom of the lobe. Wondering what you guys have tried , or did you just add shims till you got what you needed. Jessel has a video also showing how to use there gage.

Do a Google search for Mopar rocker geometry. Maybe someone can be more specific on the actual site. Read the tech articles, and you will see why a tool to set up geometry can not possibly be right for every combination. If you push them enough, Jesel will admit the tool is only a ballpark or starting point.

It's dejavu all over again!

Yeah I know , That will only get you close. Hughes engines offer shims so thats where we got the cam so Ill call them

Yeah I know , That will only get you close. Hughes engines offer shims so thats where we got the cam so Ill call them
Not a good idea using shims. They tend to crack the stands, or don't support the shaft properly when shortened.

Shims under the rocker arm shafts are a proper adjustment like just setting the cam timing dot to dot. It will run for awhile but it isn't an optimal adjustment. It may be right and it may be wrong.

Need to use the search feature.

You need to CALL Mike at B3 racing engines and buy HIS kit after you take the measurements. Those cheap *** shims are JUNK. You can't just raise the shaft. You have to raise the shaft, and move it towards the intake manifold. If you need to lower the shaft (who knows why you would need to lower it...but who knows) then the shaft has to go down and towards the exhaust side of the head.

B3racingengines.com has all this stuff on his web site.

Hughes should be ashamed of selling those shims.

Need to use the search feature.

You need to CALL Mike at B3 racing engines and buy HIS kit after you take the measurements. Those cheap *** shims are JUNK. You can't just raise the shaft. You have to raise the shaft, and move it towards the intake manifold. If you need to lower the shaft (who knows why you would need to lower it...but who knows) then the shaft has to go down and towards the exhaust side of the head.

B3racingengines.com has all this stuff on his web site.

Hughes should be ashamed of selling those shims.
O K Ill check him out . Thanks

I noticed that jessel make a geometry gauge for use with there rockers to tell you how much shim to add under the rocker shafts to place the rocker tip just behind the center of the valve stem on the bottom of the lobe. Wondering what you guys have tried , or did you just add shims till you got what you needed. Jessel has a video also showing how to use there gage.

The Harland Sharp rocker arms work just fine on the Trick Flow heads. I've tested 1.50 and 1.70 ratio arms from HS up to 0.750 valve lift. Everything works just fine at 7000 rpm. Really nice parts and they fit right out of the box. Nice solid hold down hardware, spacers are the correct width, everything lines up properly on the valves. Here is a link to an article on the Hot Rod website that covers rocker arm testing on the Trick Flow heads: Trying to Find Extra Power Through Rocker-Arm Testing - Hot Rod Network

Thanks Andy, Your the guy I was wanting to talk to . I'm using 1.6 HS rockers. .680 hughes solid roller. I blued the valve stem to get a mark to where the roller was riding . it is past the center of the the valve stem Center Line towards the exhaust side . Looks like its just to much on the exhaust side. Maybe .050 are so across the center.
I know you've put up several post on these heads , so your the one I was going to try and get in touch with . Ill take a pic tomorrow and post it if I can get it to post .

Thanks again

Thanks Andy, Your the guy I was wanting to talk to . I'm using 1.6 HS rockers. .680 hughes solid roller. I blued the valve stem to get a mark to where the roller was riding . it is past the center of the the valve stem Center Line towards the exhaust side . Looks like its just to much on the exhaust side. Maybe .050 are so across the center.
I know you've put up several post on these heads , so your the one I was going to try and get in touch with . Ill take a pic tomorrow and post it if I can get it to post .

Thanks again

Save yourself some time and call Mike at B3. This has been hashed out so many times it's stupid.

There is no such thing as universal fit. It just fits universally nothing. There is nothing that is bolt on. Unless it's silicon implants. Even those have issues.

You'll be better off with a pattern that is NOT centered and is .030-.040 wide than one that is centered and is .080-090 wide.

-
Back