Trick Flow intakes available!

-
How’s this.

IMG_9941.jpeg

In my opinion, the bolt holes were placed about 1/16” too far to the rear of the manifold. 1/16 further forward and the gasket would sit perfectly centered to the ports. Using Edelbrock 7276 gaskets.

IMG_1674.jpeg

IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1677.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

Nice camera work with the light.

Complain to TF!!!!!
Return it immediately for core shift! LMAO!

Yup. The holes are 12mm (I used 2- 12mm bolts to hold the gasket in place) just like the holes in the Edelbrock gasket so lining them up should be easy.

They appear to be elongated. The casting itself looks great. Kinda like a Victor340 copy. Hmmmm

Thanks for the pictures.

Nice camera work with the light.

Complain to TF!!!!!
Return it immediately for core shift! LMAO!
lol, I waited since April to get this one. It aint goin anywhere! Well, actually it will be going on a roadtrip. First to @pittsburghracer so he can finger the **** out of it, then to @CudaChick1968 so she can clean up what PBR left and put a badass coating on it. :thumbsup:

Fit the intake and make sure it sits where it needs to be aa well as the rest of the engine parts that connect to it before powder coating. This lessens the chance of modification to a freshly down intake. No mucking up the powder coating.

LeAnna does great work.

They appear to be elongated. The casting itself looks great. Kinda like a Victor340 copy. Hmmmm

Thanks for the pictures.
They are elongated from top to bottom. My guess is to make it easier to get the bolts in. On my Victor 340, I had to use a different bolt in one of the center holes because of this. As for being a Victor 340 copy, I think it's not as close as you think. There are some very noticeable differences between them. You will see what I'm talking about when this intake gets to you. I like the "looks" of this intake over the Victor 340 for sure.

I think it’ll be interesting to see flow numbers from John before and after to see how things stack up.

lol, I waited since April to get this one. It aint goin anywhere! Well, actually it will be going on a roadtrip. First to @pittsburghracer so he can finger the **** out of it, then to @CudaChick1968 so she can clean up what PBR left and put a badass coating on it. :thumbsup:
Giving it the deluxe treatment from two people that do great work.
I look forward to John's reporting on his work and Leann putting the finishing touch on it.

Fit the intake and make sure it sits where it needs to be aa well as the rest of the engine parts that connect to it before powder coating. This lessens the chance of modification to a freshly down intake. No mucking up the powder coating.

LeAnna does great work.
I get what you are saying and normally I would do just that but I don't plan on pulling the Victor for a while and it the TF is getting bolted onto TF heads so it better fit.

Shipping to John and back to me only to send out to LeAnna just doesn't make sense in my opinion. That would be twice as many cross-country trips. Fingers crossed that once I get it back, it will fit as it should.... lol

I think it’ll be interesting to see flow numbers from John before and after to see how things stack up.

I still have the untouched Victor340 I got from Edelbrock so out of the box info from both intakes will be posted up. That will tell the story for the 70% of guys that rip open the box and install them.

I get what you are saying and normally I would do just that but I don't plan on pulling the Victor for a while and it the TF is getting bolted onto TF heads so it better fit.

Shipping to John and back to me only to send out to LeAnna just doesn't make sense in my opinion. That would be twice as many cross-country trips. Fingers crossed that once I get it back, it will fit as it should.... lol
I never suggested a double trip but I still suggest a test fitting.
Send it to John and then pay John to send it to LeAnna.

I never suggested a double trip but I still suggest a test fitting.
Send it to John and then pay John to send it to LeAnna.
Yeah, just not sure how I can test fit it after John does his thing unless I ship my engine to him or he sends the manifold back to me.... lol

Sending it to John, with a shipping label to send to LeAnne and a shipping label for her to send it back to me. :thumbsup:

Yeah, just not sure how I can test fit it after John does his thing unless I ship my engine to him or he sends the manifold back to me.... lol

OK-whatever, your engine….

OK-whatever, your engine….
lol, please don't end the conversation yet. Just out of curiosity, what do you think could possibly go wrong? If I have to tweak the bolt holes a touch to make it fit right, I'm pretty certain I can do it without ruining the coating and if I do fk it up, I can either live with it or have it blasted and recoated. It's a small gamble to not have to ship the intake coast to coast twice just to be sure.

The only test fit option in my opinion would be to pull the intake off my new engine that I just got running after 7 months just to test fit an intake that I don't plan on running anytime soon. The tracks here are closing next weekend and my car won't be ready in time to run it this season so the plan is to get the car finished and run it a few times with the Victor 340, then swap intakes to see which one I like better.

I dunno, maybe I am missing something.... :)

-
Back