Trick shift fluid

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I am about to do a transmission fluid/filter change. In the process I am adding a mopar performance +1 quart trans pan. I was planning on running regular B&M trick shift transmission fluid. Is this fluid okay to run in a 904 auto?

Thanks

Basically it's repackaged Type F. (Claims to meet or exceed Type F requirements). It has different lubricity properties than Dexron and will make shifts harsher. It's okay but not a solution for a tired trans - if it is tired.

Basically it's repackaged Type F. (Claims to meet or exceed Type F requirements). It has different lubricity properties than Dexron and will make shifts harsher. It's okay but not a solution for a tired trans - if it is tired.

Transmission has around 5,000 miles on it since basic rebuild. But there is a small leak coming from the pan itself. Hence, the new pan. I figured I might as well change the fluid while im at it. I saw the trick shift and sounded like it would quicken shifts so I thought I would try it out.

Thanks

I would not use it personally,I used it in a couple of trans in the past and when servicing them i noticed excessive debris.I talked to a high end trans shop and they said it doesnt have the lubricating properties it should so it produces harsher shifts making it seem as if the trans is shifting quicker/better.At any rate I quit using the stuff.

Since the beginning of time Chrysler has recommended type F trans fluid in high performance transmissions. I've never had a problem with it.

It's not gonna hurt anything. If you like firmer shifts it will work, it you don't like firmer it may seem too harsh. Still won't hurt anything.

-
Back