trickflow 270

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but my uncle sent me a pic of a flow sheet on a set of the new 270cc heads

13557.jpeg

Holy Crackers!

Are there modifications to the head?

I'm thinking they are modified. Look at the seat degrees. I don't see see the CNC lines in the bowls or combustion chambers.

Last edited:
my uncle sent me the pic, I'm assuming he got it off Facebook, he said something about Larry Smith porting them

Yep, these were ported by Larry. I found the Facebook post this image was pulled from. Pretty solid numbers if the bench isn't happy. As long as Larry has been porting though, you'd think it would be well known if he had a happy bench. I am sending a set his way to have them done as well. When I get them back I will have them flowed on a local bench that I know is pretty accurate and report back when done.

I don't know who Larry is but I can only repeat my posts from here on out....

Larry is Larry Smith from Flow Tech 2 Cylinder heads. He is a longtime porter with a bunch of time spent with the NASCAR crowd. He has been able to get some pretty impressive numbers out of both the 240's and the 270's. He did a set of 240's for another member on the list and was able to get low 370 cfm's out of them with only (I believe) a 6cc increase in port size. The numbers posted above are for a different members set of 270's.

that`s way higher than anybody else has posted. I`d be a little leary.

So, it's like, I can't do it, my brother can't do it, my friend can't do it, my favorite head porter can't do it, and Winky Narwall can't do it.......so it's impossible. Heh? That right?

We port heads and I'm not doubting this guy for a second.

We've faced that crap. I'm not laughing at anyone.

An old story. We went to a dyno contest years back. The people in charge asked what we thought we would make, so I told them.

Laughter, laughter, laughter. We were told it was impossible to make that much horsepower with our cubic inch size and those Edelbrock RPM heads.

The following day we beat everyone our engine size by 140 horsepower. Yep I wanted to laugh, but I maintained just a big grin.

maybe laroy will have a set to play with here soon to get some more numbers, I think I saw over on moparts Andy has a set on the way to check as well....

-
Back