TrickFlow heads. A few teaser pictures

-
One head all welded up and opened up .100-.110 at the pinch. I’ll blend everything in and get some flow numbers to see if I did any good. I’ll try to flow one port that has only been opened at the pinch and one that I am going to address the whole port.

Forgot to add pictures. Lol
A8E12C8A-DE13-4207-919A-A1BC16119C1F.jpeg
8D4C742D-C5C5-47A7-A34A-7EC9FC14D717.jpeg

Very impressive work, I will again reiterate how thankful I am that you share your results with us! Awsome stuff!

Very interested in your results. Still trying to decide whether to get my TFs ported or not and get a larger cam for my 421. I'm leaving a lot of power on the table and it's bothering me.

I can't leave anything alone

Very interested in your results. Still trying to decide whether to get my TFs ported or not and get a larger cam for my 421. I'm leaving a lot of power on the table and it's bothering me.

I know a guy that has that same problem.

There is a guy Larry Smith I believe that posted some good flow numbers on trick flow heads...maybe track him down

On that Engine Masters show, the tall guy filled the pushrod hole with JB weld and aluminum shavings, then re-drilled. Seemed like a decent idea. Opinions on that?

I'm going to be doing it, but I'm curious what the downside would be

There is a guy Larry Smith I believe that posted some good flow numbers on trick flow heads...maybe track him down

larry does very nice work BUT Larry will never give you before and after flow numbers from his bench. Many have asked and I’ve never seen any. His claims of gaining 30 plus cfm on a proven nicely done cnc’d head raises questions.

On that Engine Masters show, the tall guy filled the pushrod hole with JB weld and aluminum shavings, then re-drilled. Seemed like a decent idea. Opinions on that?

I'm going to be doing it, but I'm curious what the downside would be
From what I conclude the brass tubing is likely the best bet on this one...plus we have Pittsburger posting excellent how to details and photos on doing a lot of these mods...

From what I conclude the brass tubing is likely the best bet on this one...plus we have Pittsburger posting excellent how to details and photos on doing a lot of these mods...

Yeah I'm not suggesting it's a better way, just curious about it. I have no reason to PR in any way.

larry does very nice work BUT Larry will never give you before and after flow numbers from his bench. Many have asked and I’ve never seen any. His claims of gaining 30 plus cfm on a proven nicely done cnc’d head raises questions.

I'll just say it...I think his ported numbers are BS on the trick flow heads...nothing against the guy in any way...I could see getting to the 330cfm mark if you moved the push rods but not in the stock location...I was almost tempted to buy a set just to get them flowed

I know I’ve said this before but if you take a head (example small block TrickFlow head) that is a proven 300 cfm head by several of our members and all the sudden a guy would post up a 315cfm number. It sure makes it easier to get to 330 if your flowbench gives you a 15cfm head start. But seeing a final 330 cfm flow number who are you going to take your heads to.

I know I’ve said this before but if you take a head (example small block TrickFlow head) that is a proven 300 cfm head by several of our members and all the sudden a guy would post up a 315cfm number. It sure makes it easier to get to 330 if your flowbench gives you a 15cfm head start. But seeing a final 330 cfm flow number who are you going to take your heads to.

Well it sounds like beanstalking to me...

Magic beans...Jack and the beanstalk

Larry is good and does beautiful work but some of his work does raise questions. If that head had a 2.08 valve I could believe it because I’ve hit 318 with an Edelbrock head without move the pushrod. I swear he takes pictures with an old Poloroid camera.
413D64A0-0E6C-4868-9554-6B1C2F2F4403.jpeg
2C907744-4FC9-40D4-BF39-B4FA6A8FF656.jpeg
00CE9B9C-F694-4704-B460-419587342239.jpeg

It would be nice to see one his trick flow SBM flowed on your bench...kind of like the Airwolfs you did awhile back...the flow numbers never lived up to the legand

Those head were raped at the shortside so bad it’s a wonder any air could make that turn. BUT Bobby with that little tracker or whatever it is did run 10’s with them. Very short wheelbase car and probably pretty light. I’m pretty sure that was also the issue with the first edition Bloomer heads. My best set of heads measured out at 195cc. I’m mean there’s only so much area to grab. That is good area.

-
Back