Tried but failed at being a crackhead, or WIW?

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
I bought a 65 Cuda several years ago bill of sale only and haven't done anything but collect parts for it for "someday". Someday i was gonna redo it. It doesn't run but has the original engine and 904 tranny and is complete now with all the parts I collected.

Early this afternoon a guy pulls into my driveway wanting to know if my 66 was for sale. Said he had a 64 back in the day and was thinking he wanted another. So I pointed out the 65 and said that it was a lot closer to what he wanted. He looked it over pretty good and then asked how much. I wasn't sure I really wanted to let it go so I gave him a what I thought was a high number for a no title car. He told me he would pay that price if I could apply for and get a title. He gave me a deposit and I gave him a bill of sale stating the deposit would be refunded if I couldn't get the title.

Here are a couple links to pics.

tn_full_65-_144jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

tn_full_65-_138jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

65-_140jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

That guy must have wanted to get another early 'Cuda pretty bad if he paid your price! Hope it works out for you.

I hope it's the same up there as down here.
They just do a stolen chk on the VIN and if it comes up clean you get a new title.
The woman at the Motor vehicles dept here told me that if I would have had ANY paperwork with another person'a name on it, that it would have taken a lot longer because they would have had to send certified mail to them and wait for a response.

Yes, that's right (No paperwork is better than some in some cases)
You might just call motor veh and ask them about registering a vehicle that you lost the bill of sale for and don't remember the person's name or where exactly they lived.
I had to get a $50 title bond from my insurance company and it was smooth as silk after that.

It wasn't my Dart, it was another vehicle I had a few years ago.

Not knowing what the "high number" was that was set, this could have been crack, pot, ******, or a heck of a good deal!!!

Sounds like to me if you get the title he got a good deal.

I'd consider it at $1800, if it's complete (since you said it now is) with mostly usable parts, and if it's solid needing minimal rust repair.

You will do well at $1800 for a non running 65!! You didn't give it away and it sounds like he's happy with the price so I would be happy with your number!!

-
Back