trim restoration

-

426hemiduster

hemiduster
Reaction score
who might be best to do restoration work on barracuda grills and trunk trim,King of trim or Alltrim?

Alltrim's work is nice on what I have seen but man o man is he pricey. I have no idea about the other one. I bought several for my Barracuda and used the good pieces to make a nice full set for less then he wanted for just one grille section.

Wow that is quite a step.What is the ballpark price to refinish a trunk finish panel 69 cuda?

Check out "The Trim Master"...Dana at [email protected]

He specializes in Barracuda trim restoration. "CudaChick" will vouch for him as well.

Ohhhhhh yeah, Dana Price does top of the line work. He did my trunk panel trim.

View attachment 155690

But it's my understanding he's not taking any new customers at the moment while he works through his backlog. If you can get on his list, the results are well worth the wait.

Nice tail end Cudachick....was that re-anodized?
Aluminum needs to be anodized for protection.
Somehow I doubt mongoose is polishing and anodizing for 200 bucks!?
I've been to All Trim and seen all the dipping tanks, polishing room, painting roon...etc.

I've been to All Trim and seen all the dipping tanks, polishing room, painting roon...etc.

Show and Go is right about not anodizing.....I don't do it.

I've done tons of aluminum and left it raw and has been on customers vehicles for years and looks great with VERY LITTLE maintenance.

Also after anodizing if it gets scratched or dented again you're back where you started from but if it is left raw a dent can be removed and polished again without going though the de-anodizing process again.

Different strokes for different folks

Thanks ShowandGo! Don't ever say I never showed ya my rear end. :-D

Yes it was re-anodized. My lower section was so far gone it's now living on Dana's Wall of Shame and he hooked me up with a replacement. I might be a little biased, but I couldn't be happier with the work, the personality, or the price.

rpmongoose I think I might just go out and look through my mouldings and trim for my 67 barracuda vert. I will take some pics sends you a PM for pricing and then we will keep the whole abody community informed of how well you do. Let me see what I got and it might help get me off the couch and into the garage. I got hurt at work and have not been doing much.

rpmongoose I think I might just go out and look through my mouldings and trim for my 67 barracuda vert. I will take some pics sends you a PM for pricing and then we will keep the whole abody community informed of how well you do. Let me see what I got and it might help get me off the couch and into the garage. I got hurt at work and have not been doing much.

Howdy 67ragtop,

Make sure ya grab somethin' nicely conquered so the folks will know I'm not just blowin' smoke.

Yep,tried to get Dana to do some trim for me but i guess my trim didnt look as good as The Chicks. Hey goose give me an email add and ill send some pics.Thanks

Yep,tried to get Dana to do some trim for me but i guess my trim didnt look as good as The Chicks. Hey goose give me an email add and ill send some pics.Thanks

d5, my trim was straight from the pits of Hell and Dana did an amazing job with what he had to work with. As I mentioned above, the lower was exceptionally bad with a large gash in the metal that could not be repaired so it was replaced with one of his cores.

I really don't believe the quality -- or lack thereof -- has anything to do with whether Dana will work on it or not. He doesn't do trim resto full time and has had a waiting list for as long as I've known him. Although my business is vastly different than his, I'm only one girl who can only take on so much in a day ...... and everyone else in line gets to wait their turn. :-D

d5, my trim was straight from the pits of Hell and Dana did an amazing job with what he had to work with. As I mentioned above, the lower was exceptionally bad with a large gash in the metal that could not be repaired so it was replaced with one of his cores.

I really don't believe the quality -- or lack thereof -- has anything to do with whether Dana will work on it or not. He doesn't do trim resto full time and has had a waiting list for as long as I've known him. Although my business is vastly different than his, I'm only one girl who can only take on so much in a day ...... and everyone else in line gets to wait their turn. :-D
Ok thanks for the schooling,I really do know how business works.This is just something I like to do.My first days at BOG I talked to Dana about one of my cars trim.Im sure he does a great job as many have commented on.And as far as being in line that has never been a problem with me,but to this day the line hasnt moved.:toothy7:

-
Back