Trim that Cuda! (pics)

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
Got my new deck lid trim and boy am I amazed of the quality. The old trim was warped and had some bad places on it. Looked pretty bad. Got it from metroparts on ebay. Cost was $285 shipped to my door. :crybaby: The trim has the correct black stripe down the middle. The second picture shows it covering the old piece.

Deck lid trim 001.jpg

Deck lid trim 002.jpg

Deck lid trim 003.jpg

The reason I made this thread is show the quality of metromopar stuff. There was a member that was asking about has anyone ever dealt with metromopar and was the deck lid molding trim of any quality.

Maybe he'll see it this time.

That trim looks great!
Do you have a direct web address for that source? I googled "metroparts" and could not come up with anything, then I went to ebay and could not find it (read old fart ...impatient with technology).
I will be needing some trim for my Dart and that quality would suit me just fine.
Thanks
Darius

That trim looks great!
Do you have a direct web address for that source? I googled "metroparts" and could not come up with anything, then I went to ebay and could not find it (read old fart ...impatient with technology).
I will be needing some trim for my Dart and that quality would suit me just fine.
Thanks
Darius

My bad.
Try metromopar on ebay or you can get in contact with them at [email protected]

That trim looks great!
Thanks
Darius

Try this: http://stores.ebay.com/Metro-Parts-Company

Marland, I did'nt know you were getting those.
I just posted that question about them here and you just answered it.
Did they come with the fastening deals on the inside?

I'm getting a set for sure now....Thanks for posting pics.
P.S. hows the stripes coming along?
I can't wait to see the debut pics!!!!!!!!!!

Marland, I did'nt know you were getting those.
I just posted that question about them here and you just answered it.
Did they come with the fastening deals on the inside?

I'm getting a set for sure now....Thanks for posting pics.
P.S. hows the stripes coming along?
I can't wait to see the debut pics!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah bought them because mine are in such bad shape.

You have to take the fasting hardware off and put on the new trim.

I've sent you a email so check your mail.

Well, got my trim pieces in today just like yours.

Findings are generally good.

They are not perfectly bent to the right degree so aligning the new hardware and cinching them down should pull them right into place.

The larger face surface is a tad bit not as wide than the originals but not noticeable.

I would love if they came with new hardware, but again, that's okay.

I nly found one small blemish on one corner of one piece at the very edge where too much material was grinded and buffed which left a very small crack, but I'm not complaining as it will not show with the decklid shut anyways.

They came packaged in plastic sealed bags that were put in large pvc tubing with plastic end caps.

Great shipping containers.

All in all pretty pleased.

Well, got my trim pieces in today just like yours.

Findings are generally good.

They are not perfectly bent to the right degree so aligning the new hardware and cinching them down should pull them right into place.

The larger face surface is a tad bit not as wide than the originals but not noticeable.

I would love if they came with new hardware, but again, that's okay.

I nly found one small blemish on one corner of one piece at the very edge where too much material was grinded and buffed which left a very small crack, but I'm not complaining as it will not show with the decklid shut anyways.

They came packaged in plastic sealed bags that were put in large pvc tubing with plastic end caps.

Great shipping containers.

All in all pretty pleased.

John did you notice that they used pin stripes to go down the center of the moldings. I need to make the black around my taillights the same since it has faded over the years. Think black pin stripeing would work? It would be easier to do that than paint them I guess.

I'm keeping the pvc pipe with the caps. I might need it to keep something in one day. LOL!

Yeah, the pin striping is what I expected.

I painted my large, center molding semi flat black and it does not quite match the stripes on the thin trim, but I can always tape, paint the stripes to match.

I painted the tripes on on my front grilles ,bezels and after drying for an hour, I dipped a q-tip in acetone and cleaned off any excess which turned out really nice so a little overspray or running is not a problem.

I know what you mean about the pvc canister, I was thinking "Man, this is nice, I can reuse this."

Have you got yours bolted on yet?
I wanna see pics!
I gotta find new hardware cause most of mine is missing/damaged.

That trim is the only fault I have with the cars design. Too easily damaged. I wouldn't pay the price for new without bumper guards. But hey, I have bumper guards and my original trim still looks pretty darn good.
You may find this interesting... The original buyer of my car asked for dealer installed bumper guards. He flipped when he saw the mechanic about to drill holes in brand new bumpers. The guards were installed at the inner bumper bolt holes. They stick out a little farther and protect the trim a little better.
The 4 bumper bolts were still in the glovebox when I bought the car.

No I'm going to wait until I get the rust spots fixed with the patch panels, wait month so the paint to dry(the body man said this a must before stripes), apply stripes, then install everything I've got piled up here in the corner of my house.
I've fold new emblems for the front fenders (fish/Barracuda), new hood and deck lid fish emblems, door handles, quarter window seals, door and quarter window "fuzzie" pieces, new door sill plates. Lucked up and bought a NOS flip top gas cap still in the old Mopar box never installed. Also all weather stripping , hood to cowl seal, hood to radiator seal,. I haven't seen roof rail trim and the piece that goes down the front windshield but I don't need those. Anything that I might be able to look out for you let me know. I'm always browsing around.

That trim is the only fault I have with the cars design. Too easily damaged. I wouldn't pay the price for new without bumper guards. But hey, I have bumper guards and my original trim still looks pretty darn good.
You may find this interesting... The original buyer of my car asked for dealer installed bumper guards. He flipped when he saw the mechanic about to drill holes in brand new bumpers. The guards were installed at the inner bumper bolt holes. They stick out a little farther and protect the trim a little better.
The 4 bumper bolts were still in the glovebox when I bought the car.

Yep guess which deck lid trim is going to get smashed by the garage door if I don't have the car pulled in far enough. The garage door safety sensors goes right under the car. Maybe I should raise them up. LOL!

I don't believe bumber guards is going to do any good to protect the trim. The moldings are just designed in a wrong place like you said.

-
Back