Trouble installing the turn signal arm

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
Hello. I'M having a problem with a new signal part. As the photo shows it doesn't go all the way down. Has anyone had this problem. If so what did you do to fix it.
Thank you in advance.
Ted

004.JPG

Hello. I'M having a problem with a new signal part. As the photo shows it doesn't go all the way down. Has anyone had this problem. If so what did you do to fix it.
Thank you in advance.
Ted

View attachment 1715588181
I have not had this problem but are you running out of threads on the screw? Or is it the slot in the the switch that's to skinny? First thing I would do is compare the slot end of the new switch to the old one.

Unfortunately I'm without the old to compare it to. That would have been great if I had it.
Plenty of threads on the screw. It seems to be very narrow in the switch it self. I'm wondering if anyone here has had a issue like this one in the past.
Ted

If you're keeping the switch, I'd run the lever over to the bench grinder and make the nub a bit smaller to fit the groove. If the lever is original and you want to keep it that way in case you need to replace the switch at a later date, I'd get a new switch now.

Are you sure the switch is the correct one?

From what I see it looks like you could file the plastic the match the arm

Is that hub plastic? All the ones I've had were metal. To me, it would be easier to modify the arm than the switch itself. If the switch is wrong or defective, I'd replace that as my first choice though.

-
Back