trouble posting pictures.

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
I was not having any trouble posting pictures until just recently. I am using a 4G EVO Droid and the files are too big now. Is the site not able to resize files anymore?

Its happening to me too. Every now and then it won't upload a file even if I uploaded it & posted it before:dontknow:
I'm using a new Mac computer if that helps...

I figured out how to change the resolution on my phone but only on new pics not existing files. Got some pics posted tonight.

This is b/s and not user friendly, cant someone change it for us old folks.

Well I'm and "old folk" and have no trouble with it. You simply must set aside some time and learn

There are literally thousands of tutorials you can find on Google, you tube

There are literally hundreds of "aps" you can download.

The the answer is right in your computer. Just about every computer there is has some sort of photo software bad as it might be, built right into it. Even the horrid Microsoft paint can be used. Google it

https://www.google.com/search?num=4...otiona...0...1.1.34.hp..1.21.1894.ttj3BeBVg-8

This gets a lot easier depending on what software is installed in YOUR computer. I can't help you because I do not know what is installed in YOUR computer. This is going to depend on who made it, when it was made, and so on.

Also, just about every digital camera on the planet comes with some sort of photo software.

And........if you go to the home pages of this very forum, there are some sticky threads on the subject.

...either that or upload to a photo site (smugmug for me) that will allow me to post many different sizes without me having to mod the original in any way..plus they allow you to many more things..

This is kind of an odd site where you cannot load a picture directly from your hard drive...

.This is kind of an odd site where you cannot load a picture directly from your hard drive...

I just did. Post photos from my hard drive. They simply must be properly sized. I used to use Flickr for posting photos, but hate what they have become I recently just established an account with Pbase, but have not really learned to use it and have not posted much there.

Cut and paste ? Nope..that doesn't work.. So the photo resides on the FABO server vs just a link ? Still a hassle..

I know smugmug backs up there servers all the time..we have been with the since @ '06 and not a burp..we got it when my daughter opened up her company..it has been shut down for 3 or 4 years now but I keep it up..

How about a tutorial...this 39k tiny pic should work...

There already is a tutorial. Go to this forum home page and there are several stickies. Hard drive? yup. Click the '' Go Advanced" button if necessary, and after it reloads, click the "paper clip." at the top of your post window. This will bring up a separate box, which browses your hard drive. Pick your (sized) photos, upload, close, and finish the post.

I show your photo as only being 629 x 556 pixels so it could be a little bigger. This came off your HD, though?

I find sometimes it's helpful to crop down so you can display something better. Example is outtakes from this same photo from the boat show. Obviously I cannot show the native, original photo.

The top photo is the original full frame photo, only resized down to 800 x xxxx pixels. In other words, 800 pixels in the largest dimension, in this case width

The second photo is cropped but not scaled. That is, whatever is in the crop is native full size. I was shooting for 800 pixels, but it worked out to about 790 x xxxx

The original was taken by me, when I used the Canon 40D, 17-55mm f2.8 lens. The original photo is over 3.4 MB and is 3888 x 2592 pixels. This would be 54!!!! x 36 !!!! inches !!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2595s.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2595c.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
-
Back