Not open for further replies.

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hey FABO!

I know there are some truck guys on this site, so I thought I would take a shot here.

I'm looking for the piece pictured below. It houses the gauges and the circuit board, and continues over to house the radio. I just need the housing, not the gauges.

Mine is a 75 Trailduster, but I'm sure other years will work too. Let me know what you have.

Thanks for any replies.

upload_2022-3-24_10-27-48.png

upload_2022-3-24_10-28-9.png

I think that's the year they converted over from metal to plastic on the housings. I converted my '78 to the early metal housing. The plastic housings had a bad habit of melting around the ammeter posts. Once they melted a bit, the wire connections got looser, connections arced even more, and everything melted more until you had a real problem. I also soldered the ammeter posts to the straps they pass through, and double nutted the wire connections. No way it's coming loose now!:thumbsup:

Hey FABO!

I know there are some truck guys on this site, so I thought I would take a shot here.

I'm looking for the piece pictured below. It houses the gauges and the circuit board, and continues over to house the radio. I just need the housing, not the gauges.

Mine is a 75 Trailduster, but I'm sure other years will work too. Let me know what you have.

Thanks for any replies.

View attachment 1715895075

View attachment 1715895076
Just out of curiosity what's wrong with the one you have?..
I might have one as well...

Just out of curiosity what's wrong with the one you have?..
I might have one as well...
I am making a custom dash panel and redoing the gauge cluster. Everything was rolling along nicely and then I remembered that I went with a mechanical speedo. So the threaded connection on the speedo cable is too big to pass through the original speedo hole. I want to keep my original cluster intact so I'm looking for another that I can modify.

If you have one that would be great. Even if it's plastic, as long as the dims are the same I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back