True Bracket Car vs True Street Car....

-
LOL... your post back-to-back is like saying you have an Orange County Chopper....... with training wheels
:rofl:
You never catch me on one of those Orange county chopper useless trailer Queens... Just like my Mopar my Harley had it clutch on the left foot with a suicide shift..
A stall speed for an automatic transmission converter is the same exact thing as creating install speed with a clutch tamer.... Your comment was no less than a personal attack. you know I'm more than willing to go down that avenue if you want to...

agree, your car is back in street form. 3.54's and a 4 gear is street, street tires, and maybe pump gas now?
I don't know I don't really have but a few miles on it and it still has the gas left over. Plus I have 4 or 5 gallons of mixed still to use..

You never catch me on one of those Orange county chopper useless trailer Queens... Just like my Mopar my Harley had it clutch on the left foot with a suicide shift..
A stall speed for an automatic transmission converter is the same exact thing as creating install speed with a clutch tamer.... Your comment was no less than a personal attack. you know I'm more than willing to go down that avenue if you want to...
If a stall speed for an auto is the exact thing as a clutch tamer, then get an auto and quit saying real race cars have 3 pedals.... LOL :D
*Actually, you posted the clutch tamer and add LOL, so I was helping you laugh - laughing with you, not at you. Gotta be able to laugh at yourself before you laugh at others :)

You've had problems with a spool on the street? If I buy a car that's a couple hours away and want to trailer it home it's not a street car? Just curious.

Really, a spool on the street? Maybe a dirt street. As for trailers, they're for race cars or something you don't trust to make it where you are going. You can however, run a race car on the street. It's just not very enjoyable for me.

If a stall speed for an auto is the exact thing as a clutch tamer, then get an auto and quit saying real race cars have 3 pedals.... LOL :D
*Actually, you posted the clutch tamer and add LOL, so I was helping you laugh - laughing with you, not at you. Gotta be able to laugh at yourself before you laugh at others :)
One person posting recently just said they spent over $2,000 on a stall converter that still isn't working correctly.

Really, a spool on the street? Maybe a dirt street. As for trailers, they're for race cars or something you don't trust to make it where you are going. You can however, run a race car on the street. It's just not very enjoyable for me.

I run a locker on the street. Next time it will be a spool.

I've had a spool in my car for years and it's 95% street..

One person posting recently just said they spent over $2,000 on a stall converter that still isn't working correctly.
Average price for a 8" converter is 800-1000 bucks from a known company. They get pricey.

I think that is a negative ghost rider but rather a case of, if you need to trailer it anywhere other than home from a purchase or to the shop to get fixed, as in trailer it to the track.... then it’s not really a street car since a street car can drive to and from the track.

Streetability , street car, daily driver, it’s all a point of view and what the loose nut behind the wheel is willing to live with, or not.... LOL

Street cars can be trailered to the track and home and still be street cars.
Anything breaks at the track, you would be happy you had a trailer. Been there, done that.
To me a street car is anything that can be driven liberally on the street, doesn't overheat and doesn't get tickets just cruising around... IE, its legal lawfully to be driven on the streets

Spool and 4.30 gears knocks you out of the street category as does the trailer.

Bullshit I've had the 4.30's and spool in the rear for over 4 years now not 1 issue you just have to know how to drive,and I wouldn't go to the track without a trailer..don't want to be the goof:):):) sitting there broken trying to figure out how I'm getting home seeing as I drove the car to the track..cause' you NEVER know when and if your going to break something:rolleyes::rolleyes:..

Any car new or old can spit out a driveshaft and then what? Seen it on a newer Mustang and a 70’s Dodge drag truck. The truck went home on the trailer it rolled in on, the Mustang guy had to wait on a rollaway and has some “splainin’ to do” to his wife no doubt :eek:

I used to trailer them to the track for years. Nothing ever happened. Sold the trailer many years ago, and now when I occasionally go, I drive them there. Crossing my fingers, but never needed a trailer when I had the trailer at the track and never needed one at the track since I sold it.

I used to trailer them to the track for years. Nothing ever happened. Sold the trailer many years ago, and now when I occasionally go, I drive them there. Crossing my fingers, but never needed a trailer when I had the trailer at the track and never needed one at the track since I sold it.

take something that makes serious steam to the track and **** will break. I promise you

I run a locker on the street. Next time it will be a spool.
I disagree. The guys running a spool on the street, aren't driving/ treating their car like a street car.
fixed many a broken axles in the day when they were. lol
For street/strip car reliability stick with a sure grip or something similar.

I disagree. The guys running a spool on the street, aren't driving/ treating their car like a street car.

driven spools on the street for 20 years now. Never a problem
Worst thing i have ever had was a locker. Had one on 9 sec street strip smallblock.
Back out of the gas at high speed on the street and it was downright creepy.
Spool much more predictable. Much more.
Sure grip... fun while it lasts

Yes a spool on the street, I've been running one for eight years now with no issues. Eight years ago I built a healthy 408, after breaking in the cam and driving for a couple weeks I decided to take it to a test and tune. I hauled it the two hours to the race track. On the second pass it hooked the 8 3/4 let go. Now where would've I been without a trailer? I would've been a dumb *** up **** creek. I won't let my pride make me walk.

Bullshit! I beat on mine more than most guys do their street cars.

Worst thing i have ever had was a locker. Had one on 9 sec street strip smallblock.
Like I said, I know guys like you and you know how to treat a spool on the street. and I agree on the locker.

One more running a spool (4.88) on the street.

Boy do I eat DOT Drag radials for breakfast tho......

take something that makes serious steam to the track and it will break. I promise you
Possibly. What's serious steam? Some race an entire bracket season with 9 second cars without a break. Some people load up broken 11 second cars every other weekend.

Possibly. What's serious steam? Some race an entire bracket season with 9 second cars without a break. Some people load up broken 11 second cars every other weekend.
600 HP at the tire on the brake. lol or 275 at the tire with worn out 904. takes your pick one of them may break.

600 HP at the tire on the brake. lol or 275 at the tire with worn out 904. takes your pick one of them may break.
LOL... :D That's funny. For me, it will be at a Walmart parking lot and the starter will go out :rolleyes:

If I had a trailer, I might trailer mine down just to save me from something as simple as a starter gone bad. *I know J par, if I had 3 peddles I could push start it :D

LOL... :D That's funny. For me, it will be at a Walmart parking lot and the starter will go out :rolleyes:
That still happens ? I remember those days, but for me it was 20 the dollar checker auto battery. lol and I can't forget the checker rebuilt alternators

-
Back