Capecodcuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all,

I’m looking for good trunk lid for my convertible; I believe a Notchback lid would be the same. I’m specifically looking for a ‘67 even though I realize most consider the ‘67 to ‘69 to interchange (my restorer points out the differences in the underside of the lid). I have an excellent trunk lid from a ‘69 (I think) that I could trade if that’s of interest.

Thanks for any leads,
Steve

The main reason you want a 67 is because the pattern of holes for the trim is completely different for all three years. That's a lot of holes to patch or drill. Fortunately, the 67 is by far the most common.

Hi Max,

I would have a bunch of holes to fill but my restorer is mostly concerned that the frame on the underside of the lid is configured differently than my current lid, which is from a '69. The frame on the '67 has openings (you can see the underside of the skin) whereas the frame on the '69 is a solid panel all the way across.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Max,

I would have a bunch of holes to fill but my restorer is mostly concerned that the frame on the underside of the lid is configured differently than my current lid, which is from a '69. The frame on the '67 has openings (you can see the underside of the skin) whereas the frame on the '69 is a solid panel all the way across.

Thanks,
Steve
Interesting, did not know that.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back