Trunk Lock Question

-

scamper340

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 73-up trunk lock assembly will work on a 71 Scamp? The 73 and up one has a retaining nut instead of the clip. Are they the same diameter? I'm having a hard time getting the clip installed on mine since getting it back from paint. I was cruising eBay and saw one with a nut and got to thinking... So, can anyone confirm this before I part with the cash? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

What did you find out about this?

I just installed the deck lid from a '73 Scamp on my project. I tried to use the lock cylinder from a '70 Dart, but the hole in the deck lid is different and the lock doesn't fit. I guess I need to look for a lock cylinder which uses a nut.

The 70 Duster hole is much smaller than the newer trunk locks. I am looking for one for my 70 Duster. Got one from I guess a newer A body with the lock nut and it was much bigger than the hole in my trunk. The bar that comes out is also much too short. I would guess that your 71 and my 70 has a trunk lock hole not much bigger than a door lock hole, an older one with a clip is required...my search continues.

The Big E

You can also add the 72 model year to the smaller style using the clip.

Went thru this on my 72 Demon. Bought the wrong one the first time before finding the correct style.

-
Back