Trunk Rust

-
Thats Not Too Bad I Even Went In With The Die Grinder And Then Just Used That Rustencapment Spray And Painted The Bottom From Rust Starting With Rubberized Undercoating Spray.totally Fixable

"The toughest part of the trunk floor is the cleaning. I wish they hadn't filled the stampings with that undercoating crap. Some of the stuff will jump off in chunks and some is very stubborn."

Good point. That's seam sealer, not undercoating. The stampings are spot welded together, then the seam sealer is applied to keep moisture from seeping in. You will want to dig out all of that, then use a seam sealer like 3M seam sealer to reseal the seams. Mother Mopar slathered the crap in there, so if you want it to look original you will have to use a spreader to re-create the nasty, sloppy factory look. Otherwise, seal the seams like you would seal a bathtub around the edges. The Seam sealer comes in a tube just like bathroom caulk, and you use the same "gun" to apply it. If you want to spread it around with your fingers, just keep your fingers wet and it will spread nicely without sticking to your fingers.

Cus one of those little wires can fly off and stab you in the balls. Trust me….. It hurts.

After wire wheeling my firewall for a few hours I went in to shower. When I took my jeans off I discovered about half a dozen little quills sticking in my legs, which required tweezers to remove. If that doesn't scream WEAR EYE PROTECTION I don't know what does.:pirat::glasses3:

-
Back