Trunk Subwoofer Installation pics

-

ninoshrv

Reaction score
Section by section, the duster is coming into its own. Installed the 2 12" subwoofers and amplifier in the trunk with a custom job done by some friends of mine. The tunk panels are covered in black vinyl with sour apple gree piping and the trunk floor was covered with the same carpet which is in the interior of the car. Hope you all like it. Next up is installing the kick panels with 4x6" polk speakers. I already have the 2 3.5" polk speakers in the dash courtesy to Jerry from the forum, along with 2 Alpine 6x9's in the rear deck. I'll be chaning those 6x9's to Polk because Polk just sounds the best to me :)

Enjoy

Attachments

• Speakers.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 442
  • speakers1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Speakers2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 437
that looks A LOT better then my box that just floats around freely in the back, haha

that looks A LOT better then my box that just floats around freely in the back, haha

Mine used to float too...I got a little tired of that so I just went and got it done right...lol

This was actually going to be one of my last projects on the car but Ultimate Electronics in Fort Collins, CO went out of business and I was able to snag the subwoofers and box for only $70 and the kenwood head unit w/ an auxillory and USB plug for only $50. Couldn't pass it up so the last project became an early one...lol

If I may ask (because I'm installing two 12" subs myself) what did you do for electrical upgrade to handle these? Did you get a new alternator? Do you have a cap or separate battery? Thanks!

WOW! looks like Saving Private Ryan would sound better through the car stereo than it would your home stereo! lol especially the explosions!

If I may ask (because I'm installing two 12" subs myself) what did you do for electrical upgrade to handle these? Did you get a new alternator? Do you have a cap or separate battery? Thanks!

Sorry for the late response but I've been on vacation and the wife would not let me touch the computer! lol...in regards to the speakers, the alternator I have installed works perfectly fine with the set up. I do not have a cap or separate battery either. I did just install a 1100W amp to run my interior speakers and I noticed the amp meter for inside the car rises quite a bit when the music is up loud. I will definitely look into either installing another alternator or putting in a capacitor.

-
Back