trying to be safe

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Am I the only nut that removes the postive cable on my battery when the car is not in use.I have this fear one night the car will go up in FLAMES from a bad short.Its a pain in the *** to reset the stereo but just playing it safe.What about you are you a nut as well LOL.

If I park my car for a while I: Remove the battery, Disconnect the ignition, and flatten a tire. Just so it would be almost impossible to steal.8)

After what happened the other day I think I'm going to start disconnecting it

When mine's parked (always in the garage) I have the Battery Tender hooked up to it, charging the battery. Never have had a problem with it.

If I park my car for a while I: Remove the battery, Disconnect the ignition, and flatten a tire. Just so it would be almost impossible to steal.8)
Could not help it I LMAO :toothy10:
But know that I think about it you are being safe :-D

Yes :-D homecloned is right Neg not positive, I think there is less spark and the battery wont blow up in your face if there is allot of fumes :read2:

I disconnect the negitive battery cable on cars, riding mower, power wheels, just about everything that has a battery. Better safe than sorry.

Another nut bag here.... actually I think it's prudent.. I have one of the quick clamps on my battery, 5 seconds is all it takes.. Well worth the piece of mind versus a 100K in stuff going up in flames..

-
Back