Trying to help a total stranger!

-
I always try to help out when I can Mopar or brand x. Just sold a virtually new chrome hi-torque starter for $1 at a swap meet over the weekend... To bad our paths didn't cross.

Car guys love to help whenever they can. Sounds like you went the extra mile to help these guys. Well done. Just to add a little something else which may open a can of worms. I built a 440 with headers and the motor never liked to start when hot. Could always hear starter struggling. I had the bigger starter and had been freshly rebuilt. Actually came out of a Police car. I eventually went to stock 440 manifolds and never had a starter issue again with the same starter. That starter is over 25 years old and I just replaced it with the mini starter.

Car guys love to help whenever they can. Sounds like you went the extra mile to help these guys. Well done. Just to add a little something else which may open a can of worms. I built a 440 with headers and the motor never liked to start when hot. Could always hear starter struggling. I had the bigger starter and had been freshly rebuilt. Actually came out of a Police car. I eventually went to stock 440 manifolds and never had a starter issue again with the same starter. That starter is over 25 years old and I just replaced it with the mini starter.
i too have never had a problem with oem starters and oem exh man.
now one time i bought a 76 350 vette one day when found no mopars to be had. bought it to flip. took it to a cruise in. tried to start it to leave while still hot. i learned from the vette guys just typical. just let er cool off! chevies!!!! ha

It's also nice to be able to actually fix a car instead of the modern computer controlled everything or the starter located in a nest of other things like hoses, lines, and wires.

i too have never had a problem with oem starters and oem exh man.
now one time i bought a 76 350 vette one day when found no mopars to be had. bought it to flip. took it to a cruise in. tried to start it to leave while still hot. i learned from the vette guys just typical. just let er cool off! chevies!!!! ha
I've never seen a Chevy yet that would start hot with a stock starter and any sort of advance lead

The guy driving the super bee mentioned an upcoming show in Manitoba. In betting you'll see them there. Besides the bee, he has a 68 runner with a built 440 6 pack and the guy with the Chrysler has a 67 barracuda with a big block I believe

Are they going to stop at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit???

Hope you guys don't mind, but I told them about this site, and all the good people on it.

We were trying to keep this site a secret.... :mad:

Now we have to change our name and site address.... :rolleyes:

I always giggle every time I remember breaking down on the road back in rural Missouri. always seemed like the only people that would stop and "ask" if they can help, would be the guy in the oldest, poorest looking vehicle, or an old farmer in the most beat up old farm truck that should not be on a public road!! ha
the newer the vehicle, the faster they flew by!!

That's funny cuz I was driving my old 3/4 ton rusty 4we. They about **** when I popped the hood to try the jumper cables and they saw the goods.lol. told them that's what us Iowa country boys do to all our
trucks. Told them I named it FOURMA GEADON SINCE mine can actually go off the paved roads unlike the street outlaw farmageadon truck body on the race chassis

Man, I got a RAM mini starter in the back of my mini truck just getting more dusty, I would have handed it to them too. I pulled over for a cherry 66 Rustang Fastback stranded at a gas station on my late shift in Long Beach, nasty part of town. Guys fuel pressure regulator went south and was pushing fuel out the carb vents. I kinked the fuel hose and tied it with a zip tie as I had no car tools, just some pliers and dikes. Got the car to run and told him to get it the hell out of here. Just drive east, the town gets better the farther you go!

-
Back