Trying to identify brakes

-
Not sure which screw in hose he would need to use those.

However if you decided to go with slider calipers. If using the 10.8" rotors, use very common FMJ body caliper mounts that can be gotten inexpensively off Chrysler RWDs up thru 1989. If wanting the big bore 2.75" calipers use the 78-79 B body cordoba/magnum calipers. These will work as they are cast configured the same as 73-76 A body ones, are machined for the bigger bore, and use a banjo bolt. Then use the afore mentioned 69 Camaro disc brake hose.

I have 3 pairs of these 78-79 cordoba/magnum big bore calipers, and 1 set of 73-76 A body 2.60" calipers. This is how I know they are configured the same. The big bore ones are for both cudas with a spare set on the shelf. The smaller A body ones I have are for a possible future project.

Not sure which screw in hose he would need to use those.

I used hoses I had made locally based on the '71 Challenger hose. It was a little longer. So long ago I don't remember.

71 chally brake hose.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for all the info, looks like the challengers with the different hoses would be the way to go, gonna finish checking out the rest of my system, then plan on swapping the sides on the spindles so the caliper is on the rear.

revisiting this thread - are there backing plates that would work on the hodge podge setup I have? I ended up getting the challenger calipers, even with the caliper on the front the hose will no longer be in close conflict with the LCA

Dirt/road debris shields pretty standard for a lot of the mopar single piston caliper brakes.
About 50 new from DrDiff, less used.

-
Back